Windows 10: Batch renaming folders Help

Discus and support Batch renaming folders Help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found some folders on my A: drive the drive I assigned to my EXHDD because nostalgia that had slightly misleading names. Basically these folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The2FingerPushup, May 22, 2021.

1. Batch renaming folders Help

I found some folders on my A: drive the drive I assigned to my EXHDD because nostalgia that had slightly misleading names. Basically these folders have certain words/phrases in their names that I wanted to remove entirely. The only way I can think to do that is to go to each and every folder and manually

:)

The2FingerPushup, May 22, 2021

2. How to Batch Rename files ?

I have a lot of files I want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, I want to give to other files.

How do i do this in a batch process ?

Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be updated version of Resizer by the same company?
    That has been useful for other batch processes for images . But I've yet to figure the batch naming options .

A different software I'm considering for this task is called Advanced Renamer .

Maybe I've become too slow through the years because :
    I've been looking for the right tutorial that I can clearly understand and found none .
    They seem to be out of my grasp .

Note : I currently use a bat file, that takes the names of other files I have in a folder and puts them into a text file.

( I'd prefer a one click Bat process ideally for this specific task ) .

So I'd be happy with a bat file that can also take those names in my text list
    and apply them to files I want to rename in any given folder with those . If anyone knew how to do that.

It don't matter the order applied - as long as each file in the folder receives one name from the list.
    The names I pulled are from images in a folder. The names are to be applied to a equal number of files ,
    which is a different extension. so no worry about them having the same name. So just the names .

- - - Updated - - -

I found this thread. But unsure how to apply it and its replies into the bat i need ?

stackoverflow rename-files-after-a-list-of-names

Update possible reference
    for loop - Creating a batch file to rename TXT files based on content (removing inappropriate syntax) - Stack Overflow

- - - Updated - - -

and yet another reference i need help understanding if its useful
    windows - Generate file-folder list.txt file in a directory/subdirectory & rename list.txt to folder/subfolder name using dir & ren command in a batch file - Stack Overflow

OtherWay1982, May 22, 2021
  3. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 22, 2021
  4. Batch renaming folders Help

Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, May 22, 2021
Thema:

Batch renaming folders Help

1. Batch renaming folders Help - Similar Threads - Batch renaming folders

2. batch rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    batch rename files: hello, id like to remove characters in file names... using cmd, ive been able to remove "." (the dot) and replace it with a space and but hopefully keep the extention id like bou.bou.bou.txt to be renamed to bou bou bou.txt i tried : ren *.*.??? * *.??? obviously i want to...
  3. Rename files in batch.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename files in batch.: Hi All.. I am having some files nearly 2000 in nos. in a particular folder. I just need to replace some portion. Is it possible that I can do it instantaneously.. if so please guide....Details are furnished below.Old file Name : P12478-12-71-41-1781-01.dwg...
  4. Batch Renaming photos

Batch Renaming photos: I have been renaming groups of photps but suddenly its not doing it the same way. What I am doing: 1. Control A to select all photos in the folder 2. Right clicking first photo and selecting “rename” 3. Typing title, i.e. “March 2019” then hitting return In the past,...
  5. Is there a way to batch rename files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to batch rename files?: I have a file with pictures formatted as "A-B-C" and need to change all the dashes to underscore such as "A_B_C". Is there a way to do this as a batch in the folder somehow? submitted by /u/gingernuts13 [link] [comments]...
  6. Batch Rename Script Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch Rename Script Help!: Hello! I am very new to this and need a little help. I am trying to create a batch file that will rename files that are called png_X.png (the X being the number page it is). The code I have is below. It works fine with out the pipe sort command but it sorts the by the ones...
  7. Batch Rename in Powershell

Batch Rename in Powershell: I'm trying to rename all the image files in a folder by appending a 1- in front of each file name using this command: Dir Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "IMG_*.*","1-IMG_*.*"} A typical file name is IMG_0001-Wolf.jpg. I get the following error message for each...
  8. How to Batch Rename files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Batch Rename files ?: I have a lot of files i want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, i want to give to other files. How do i do this in a batch process ? Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be...
  9. Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?

Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?: I am looking to rename a bunch of folders ex test 01 test 02 test 03 and change them to test 001 test 002 test 003 I am assuming easiest way would to be using cmd I thought it would be ren "*" "*_0*" not sure what i am doing wrong...
  10. Batch Rename Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Rename Deletes Files: Hey all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night, and I've been playing around with the new File Explorer. One thing I tried was the batch rename function (by which I mean just selecting multiple files and clicking "rename"). I quickly realized that it behaves differently...