Windows 10: Batch script to automatically uninstall and Reinstall a driver

Discus and support Batch script to automatically uninstall and Reinstall a driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some strange reason I've had a faulty external Seagate 8TB driver/HDD for the last year The problem is this: everytime I reboot the computer, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SirLouen, Apr 15, 2019.

1. SirLouen Win User

Batch script to automatically uninstall and Reinstall a driver

For some strange reason I've had a faulty external Seagate 8TB driver/HDD for the last year

The problem is this: everytime I reboot the computer, the HDD is not automatically recognized so I have to do this

1. Open Device Manager
    2. Remove the USB attached SCSI mass storage device driver (uninstall the device)
    3. Search for new Devices
    4. And it automatically appears adequately and is correctly recognized by the system as a HDD

I have to do this every single reboot. I've could try to solve it, but I think it is unsolvable. I've tried like a dozen of times, reading in forums and Microsoft support and it has turned impossible. So I accept that I have just to keep doing this until I format or change the drive

So now I have two options:
    1. Format PC and pray for it to solve: not an option because i hate formatting and having to restore everything
    2. Create a batch script, that do exactly what I do, but with a shortcut in the Desktop to make it extremely simple...

I've been digging but could not find the exact commands that do exactly what I do. So I'm asking for some help at least trying to determine which commands will make the trick.

Thanks in advance.

:)

SirLouen, Apr 15, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Batch script to automatically uninstall and Reinstall a driver :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 15, 2019
  3. How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

No sir , do all 4 steps then reboot, then reinstall!

sneekypeet, Apr 15, 2019
  4. fenomist Win User

Automatically Run Batch Script

Hi everyone

When the windows installation is finished, automatically run batch script.

How can I do that?

Thanks *Wink

fenomist, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Batch script to automatically uninstall and Reinstall a driver - Similar Threads - Batch script automatically

2. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  3. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  4. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  5. PageFile.sys batch script

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    PageFile.sys batch script: Hello, I need help writing a batch script that would configure Windows Virtual Memory based on the amount of RAM installed If you have 4 GB of RAM, set virtual memory to 8 GB (Custom size: set both initial and maximum size to 8192) If you have 8 GB of RAM, set virtual memory...
  6. Batch Scripts / Programs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Scripts / Programs.: The members and quests who use this forum know how professional, informative and helpful it is! In order to help members solve their problems/issues we often ask them to run certain programs and perform certain tasks and then upload [ post ] the results to the forum for us...
  7. Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in Apps With Batch Script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in Apps With Batch Script: Windows 10 includes a variety of universal apps, you can uninstall them, but Microsoft doesn’t allow you to easily uninstall them in the usual way. With this batch script you can uninstall build-in apps. Code: :: Uninstall Windows 10 Built-in Apps @Echo Off & Color 0E...
  8. Batch scripting problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch scripting problems: So i found a bug. In batch scripting, I can only store 3 variables. I don't know the cause for this. Here's the code, if you need it. @ echo off title Elevator OS by Lackmey on YouTube and Reddit set gdata=No data found (this one works) set 1data=No data found (this one...
  9. Automatically Run Batch Script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatically Run Batch Script: Hi everyone When the windows installation is finished, automatically run batch script. How can I do that? Thanks *Wink 122531
  10. Batch script question

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch script question: Hello, I want make a batch script to delete a spefic folder on the C disk, but how can I get only that spefic folder? I got this: Code: FOR /D %%p IN ("C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q cd C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\ del *.* /q /s timeout /t 5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. script to uninstall driver and reinstall

2. how to uninstall Nvidia drivers via batch script