Windows 10: Batch script to extract updates from WSUS content folder

Discus and support Batch script to extract updates from WSUS content folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Team, We are having WSUS 6.3 running on Windows Server 2012 R2 STD Edition, can someone please suggest applicable batch script to extract updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mohammed Furqan Khan, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Batch script to extract updates from WSUS content folder

Hi Team,

We are having WSUS 6.3 running on Windows Server 2012 R2 STD Edition, can someone please suggest applicable batch script to extract updates from WSUS content folder.

:)

Mohammed Furqan Khan, Jul 14, 2020

2. WSUS content folder & synchronization problem

Hello brothers

Actually, our WSUS content folder was full and that's why to reduce the size of the folder I tried the following steps and after that I am in a big trouble.

1. Close any open WSUS consoles.

2. Go to Administrative Tools – Services and STOP the Update Services service.

3. In Windows Explorer browse to the WSUSContent folder (typically D:\WSUS\WSUSContent or C:\WSUS\WSUSContent)

4. Delete ALL the files and folders in the WSUSContent folder.

5. Go to Administrative Tools – Services and START the Update Services service.

6. Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder: C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools.

7. Run the command WSUSUtil.exe RESET.

After all the above steps, our WSUS is not synchronizing and no updates are being downloaded at all. Every time showing "Reset Server Node"

Please help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks

Yousuf

Yousuf.Shahzad, Jul 14, 2020
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Batch script to extract updates from WSUS content folder

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Batch script to extract updates from WSUS content folder

1. Batch script to extract updates from WSUS content folder - Similar Threads - Batch script extract

2. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  3. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:Code and result:Code:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press...
  4. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  5. PageFile.sys batch script

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    PageFile.sys batch script: Hello, I need help writing a batch script that would configure Windows Virtual Memory based on the amount of RAM installed If you have 4 GB of RAM, set virtual memory to 8 GB (Custom size: set both initial and maximum size to 8192) If you have 8 GB of RAM, set virtual memory...
  6. Batch Scripts / Programs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Scripts / Programs.: The members and quests who use this forum know how professional, informative and helpful it is! In order to help members solve their problems/issues we often ask them to run certain programs and perform certain tasks and then upload [ post ] the results to the forum for us...
  7. Batch scripting problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch scripting problems: So i found a bug. In batch scripting, I can only store 3 variables. I don't know the cause for this. Here's the code, if you need it. @ echo off title Elevator OS by Lackmey on YouTube and Reddit set gdata=No data found (this one works) set 1data=No data found (this one...
  8. Run the audio troubleshooter from a batch script

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Run the audio troubleshooter from a batch script: I have an automated home theatre setup - a batch script that enables my TV as a display, and changes the TV to be my primary display (so games and apps open on my TV instead of my monitor). The same script also changes my default audio device to be the TV. The problem is...
  9. IE - How to delete content with a batch/script file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IE - How to delete content with a batch/script file?: I've looked all over and was wondering if I could get some help here. I work where there are public machines, and we tell people NOT to use Internet Explorer, BUT only 10% of people actually adhere to this. That's life. I've noticed that with IE, when the computer crashes,...
  10. Batch script question

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch script question: Hello, I want make a batch script to delete a spefic folder on the C disk, but how can I get only that spefic folder? I got this: Code: FOR /D %%p IN ("C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q cd C:\USERS\%USERNAME%\Downloads\ del *.* /q /s timeout /t 5...