Windows 10: Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that

Discus and support Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I use Dell Inspiron. My system shuts down saying low battery 4% and hence when i turn it on again tresspassing all notifications which mention... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAI VINAY, Oct 5, 2019.

1. SAI VINAY Win User

Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that

Hi,

I use Dell Inspiron.

My system shuts down saying low battery 4% and hence when i turn it on again tresspassing all notifications which mention "Battery Low".

I still used my laptop around 1 hour.

Even In by BIOS : It shows Health of Battery Is good.

I opened my laptop back case and saw it => Battery did not swell or there isnt any leakage. My laptop is 1 year old.

Statistics Below.

Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that 6efa6f0e-ebae-4f82-b7de-fce8d9ce6e2f?upload=true.jpg

Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that bddb650d-cdd4-4623-8fc3-9f715182bf94?upload=true.png

:)

SAI VINAY, Oct 5, 2019

2. Battery drains out within 1 hour on PC running Windows 10.

Hello Srikanth,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you install any programs/applications downloaded from the internet?

• Did you try updating the laptop battery?

The above issue may occur if you have downloaded and installed any of the third party applications/programs from the internet on the PC. The third party applications which comes along with the downloaded programs from the internet will cause irregular
    behavior and in some cases will damage the system performance on the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the
    battery drivers manually from Device Manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.

• Expand Batteries option from the window,
      right click on the driver and click on Update this software from the context menu.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.

• After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run the
    Power troubleshooter
    by following the steps below and check if for any power components have changed, corrupted or missing from the system.

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the cause of the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View All
      from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Power
      from the options, click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically option.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

The issue may also occur due to the startup applications set on the PC. Remove some of the unwanted startup applications and check if similar issue persists.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 5, 2019
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Oct 5, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Battery 0% But PC Running for more than 1 hour post that - Similar Threads - Battery Running more

2. Pc Freezing when I play for more than an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezing when I play for more than an hour: I just built a new pc and lately its been freezing when i play any game for awhile, Its not just big games but sometimes smaller ones too. I had no issues at the start, like for example i played Jedi Fallen order and finished it without having any problems then it started...
  3. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  4. My laptop battery doesn't go more than 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop battery doesn't go more than 0%: I think I have to change the battery and I can't bring it anywhere since I have to keep the laptop alive in one place. submitted by /u/314311h3p41 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jze7yf/my_laptop_battery_doesnt_go_more_than_0/
  5. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  6. Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer run slow if running it more than 6 hours: My friend is experiencing slow computer after using it more than 6 hours seldom only. After the slow. the mouse and keyboard dont work but no BSOD occus He just purchase a 16gb trident z neo. Can a bad ram can cause slow to a computer? we already tried 2133mhz. No BSOD...
  7. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  8. System restore have been running for more than 2 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore have been running for more than 2 hours: I had problems with my Microsoft outlook. The signature in the outlook was unresponsive, I then by accident uninstalled the Microsoft Office and tried to fix the problem by doing a system restore. The system restore point was selected and everything run smoothly, but now its...
  9. Connect more than 1 pc with RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect more than 1 pc with RDP: Connect more than 1 pc with RDP, I can connect just one. any people help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-more-than-1-pc-with-rdp/e3dcc8f5-a263-4d20-bef9-21d94eedf4ab
  10. BSOD during intensive system usage, for more than 1 hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during intensive system usage, for more than 1 hour: Hi I have got many BSOD's recently while using my system intensively for multiple hours, for example when playing Overwatch or any other game that uses my CPU, GPU, and RAM intensively. The games are running fine, no lag, no sign of system error, but suddenly, after 1h...