Windows 10: Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

Discus and support Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MSAsker, Jul 2, 2022.

1. MSAsker Win User

Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged. But after replacing the battery it was working fine on battery power. I was getting backup time of about ~3hrs this is exactly same that I got when I purchased the laptop.But last day after fully charging the laptop, I unplugged the charger and tried to turn on but it was not able to boot.So, I plugged in the charger agai

:)

MSAsker, Jul 2, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Battery turn off when power cord is unplugged

Hi Ludvik,

Windows will normally warn you if your battery needs to be replaced especially if it doesn't seem to last long.

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• When you say turn off, are you referring to the laptop turning off or just the battery itself?
    • Have you tried charging the battery up to 100%?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Is there any icon showing in the notification area?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jul 2, 2022
  4. asus2016 Win User

Why is my laptop battery charge topping at 79%?

This pertains to a 2 1/2 year old HP laptop.

I run it plugged in most of the time, but once a week I'll start the day unplugging it, and leaving it unplugged until it gets down below 10%, which usually takes about 5-6 hours.

Late last week, I got a Windows notification I'd never seen before, which I now can't quote verbatim, but it suggested using "battery optimizer" - I think that's what it was called - to "optimize" my battery. Hey, why not?

Except that
    1. The next time I ran the computer unplugged, the battery drained to my needing to plug it in, in about four hours. Much faster than usual.
    2. Then today I noticed that my battery was only 79% charged, though plugged in.

Below is a shot of my battery graphic:

Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged [​IMG]

Having been plugged in more than a day ago, it should be at, and holding at, 100%.

So how do I get the battery back to 100% charged? Is doing so advisable or not? What's a true "optimum" setting for the battery?

In asking the "optimum" question, I've never had a performance problem/issue with the computer; my main goal is that, when it is running on battery, it runs for as long as possible.

asus2016, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged - Similar Threads - Battery 100% still

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop battery says 100% but dies when unplugged: [IMG]Does your laptop battery say 100% but dies when unplugged? If yes, it may be due to several reasons – like a defective charger, failing battery, etc. This post will discuss this topic in detail and give you effective methods to resolve this issue on your Windows 11/10...
  6. Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged: When I turn my laptop off and unplug it, it turns itself back on. If I shut it down while unplugged, it immediately restarts. If I shut it down while plugged in, it stays turned off. Need help to sort this please....
  7. Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 100% but still laptop is not turning on when unplugged: Windows 11 task bar icons shows 100% charge. I did confirm this by generating battery report, it too showed 100% charge.But when I unplug the charge the laptop dies.The battery was replaced 1 and 1/2 months back. Before that I had a dead battery, I was using laptop plugged....
  8. HP Laptop turns off when I unplug it from the charger, though the Battery is at 100% also...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop turns off when I unplug it from the charger, though the Battery is at 100% also...: My HP laptop with Windows 10 shuts off the momemt I unplug the charger. Searching the net, a few articles told me about adaptive brightness and it's relation to this. That reminded me that my adaptive brightness also stopped functioning, though I'm not really sure when. It...
  9. Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't start if unplugged, turns off when unplugged: submitted by /u/Jcrm87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp127e/laptop_wont_start_if_unplugged_turns_off_when/
  10. Windows laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 News
    Windows laptop turns off when unplugged: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are facing the problem where your Windows 10 laptop turns off when unplugged, even with a new Battery, then this post could be helpful for you. The most obvious reason for a laptop shutting down immediately after unplugging [...] This post Windows...