Windows 10: Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage?

Discus and support Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all got a question. I have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop and i have it charged into outlet almost always. But if i disconnect it from outlet, i get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage?

Hey all got a question. I have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop and i have it charged into outlet almost always. But if i disconnect it from outlet, i get around 2 hour battery life at the most it seem before i have to recharge it. The thing is when im doing certain things, i have to be connected for minimum 8 hours. Thus if i have a power outage and power doesn't come back, I lose money in what i do. I had this happen several times in the building where i rent from because power outages is very common.

Most of the time, the power outage isn't that long like 15 minutes. But few times its been hours and rare times its a day or so. But my main issue is when im on the computer and i can't have this happen.

I read online about ups etc. But im not sure exactly how that works. Does this mean if you have something like this and then your battery on laptop is running out of battery, you could connect your laptop to it and then charge your laptop like its an electric outlet? If so, could you basically use it like an outlet? Example say you charge it to your laptop at 10 percent battery. Say you have it charged to 100 percent and during this time, you used the laptop for another 45 minutes etc. Now you are suppose to unplug it right? Then now you get another 2 hours of it on battery? Then would there still be enough power in that device to plug it in again and charge it again? Thus it would be another 45 minutes and another 2 hours?

I read that these devices only give you like 25 minutes or a bit more than that. So basically you could never get that much power?

And can someone tell me what are examples of this on amazon?

I saw these power banks on amazon. So is this the type of device that i would need for this? Im not sure if its power bank or UPS etc.

Amazon.com: MAXOAK 50000mAh 5/12/20v Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank for Laptop Accessories

Amazon.com: AC Outlet Portable Laptop Charger (TSA-approved), Jackery PowerBar 77Wh/20800mAh 85W (100W Max.) Travel Laptop Power Bank Accessories

Amazon.com: Omars AC Power Bank, 24000mAh AC Outlet Laptop Portable Battery Pack Travel Charger Output Two USB Ports, 80w Output, 88Wh Universal Travel Charger Compatible MacBook, Laptops.: Cell Phones Accessories

I know that the bigger the mAh, the more it last. But how many hours would it last? Example say you have 2 hours of battery on laptop when power outage happens. Now you have one of these on hand. How many hours could you get additionally with one of these devices? Thus when you plug it to laptop and use it while its plugged in... then unplug it when battery is 100 percent... then use laptop while on battery for another 2 hours... is there still enough power to charge it again or is that already way too much?

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 3, 2018

2. Battery backup power supply

Sadly, you completely missed the point. Did you just stop reading my comment at that point? Did you totally ignore or didn't understand the big bold underscored "IF"?

I said,
    • "IF" the major appliances are not damaged and are working properly.
    • Power during "outages" is just a minor bonus feature.
    • And of course, rules and regulations mean nothing if not adhered to. Many companies are notorious for putting counterfeit UL and other safety labels on their products with the hopes they will get by customs. And many do.

• And of course, even the best quality products can be damaged during transport or mishandling.
    I agree. I would start researching the various battery supply sites. I NEVER buy from the UPS maker. They charge way too much. I buy my UPS batteries from Apex, BatteryWholesale, Battery Mart, or Batteryplex, depending on who has the best price at the time (factoring in shipping, which can be significant, but sometimes free).

Bill_Bright, Oct 3, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Power Outage / lost all files

The behavior you experienced is very possible. A PC is no more capable of withstanding a power outage than any other electrical appliance.

You should get an uninterruptible power supply - UPS. A UPS for a home PC is inexpensive, and it provides battery backup power for power outages like the one you experienced. A UPS also includes a surge protector, so it's like getting both for the price
    of one.

BulldogXX, Oct 3, 2018
  4. NTM2003 Win User

Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage?

Battery backup power supply

Looking to get a battery backup power supply. I do have a Normal power supply but I’m thinking battery backup is good for high end rigs. I’m looking at APC or cyperpower both with 900watts battery backup

Here’s one I’m looking at now APC Smart-UPS 1500VA UPS Battery Backup with Pure Sine Wave Output (SMC1500) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZT2KKM/?tag=tec06d-20

2nd choice

CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/900W, 10 Outlets, AVR, Mini-Tower https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00429N19W/?tag=tec06d-20

NTM2003, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage?

1. Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage? - Similar Threads - Battery Backup Laptop

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  5. Power Outage Kernel - Power 105

Power Outage Kernel - Power 105: Hello all. My pc:13900K stock2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800Rtx 4090 Gigabyte GamingAorus Elite Z790 AXSSD KINGSTON 2TBSeasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.win 11Hello. So in morning near 6 am , i had power outage for 30 seconds in house. Of course pc turned off. Also laptop register in...
  6. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  7. Trouble with laptop performance after power outage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble with laptop performance after power outage.: Hi there, My stepson is having laptop issues that started happening after a power line outage, about two weeks ago. I'm trying to help him figure this out over videochat/messsaging, as we're not able to be there in person. He said the games he plays, rust and minecraft,...
  8. UPS Battery Backup power quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UPS Battery Backup power quality: I know many members here have a lot of money wrapped up in their computers and other electronics. Many of you most likely have your equipment plugged into a UPS for protection from power spikes, brownouts, and power outages. You always hear that electronics need clean power....
  9. Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?

Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?: Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to shut down my Windows 10 laptop immediately when it is disconnected from the power supply and automatically restart it when it is loaded. I only closed it in the closet (connected via WLAN) and wanted to control it with a WLAN...
  10. BSODs when Gaming after Power Outage

BSODs when Gaming after Power Outage: I recently had a power outage, and I can't remember if my computer was off or asleep at the time. Anyway, a day or so after the outage I wanted to play a game, and everything was fine up until I started playing it. I was walking around in game and about 30 seconds after I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer backup power supply for power outage

2. how to recharge phone laptop in power outtage

3. backup computer battery in case of power outages