Windows 10: Battery backup surge protector question

Discus and support Battery backup surge protector question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just in case if the power outage, can i use battery backup surge protector? So that I can use my computer if the power outage 181803 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f23948, Jun 28, 2021.

1. f23948 Win User

Battery backup surge protector question

Just in case if the power outage, can i use battery backup surge protector? So that I can use my computer if the power outage

:)

f23948, Jun 28, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Surge Protector Recommendations

FYI... Surge Protectors vs. UPS: Do You Really Need a Battery Backup for Your PC?

BTW, always take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt. Many people post simply from lack of understanding or unrealistic expectations. And I'm not necessarily dishing on Amazon as I have many reviews there myself. I'm simply saying not all are legitimate. Or even relevant.

Anyway, I post the FYI info above to you know what's what in making a decision. I myself us a UPS but the one I have is way above your posted budget, so it's probably something you wouldn't be interested in. However, there are less costlier UPS options.

Good luck

sygnus21, Jun 28, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User

I have this UPS. It will protect against most surges but nothing protects against a direct lightning strike.
    APC UPS, 850VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, BX850M (Surge energy rating: 1103 Joules)

What Are Surge Protector Joules and How Many Do I Need?
    What Are Surge Protector Joules and How Many Do I Need?

- - - Updated - - -

CyberPower EC850LCD (Surge Suppression = 526 Joules)
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (Surge Suppression = 1445 Joules)

MisterEd, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Back in 2005, I had a lightning bolt hit the street just in front of our house...
    The surge protector... melted.

Computer was OK though.

I think you've just been... extremely lucky.

Oh gee, what does every modern house, have in the garage or basement?
    That's right... a box full of surge protectors (circuit breakers), protecting every wiring circuit in their house.

Do you want to guess how many circuit breakers I've had to replace over the years, for being "fried" still conducting?

Surge protectors are NOT "snake oil".

Right out of high school I went into the service (electronics tech). At multiple sites, designed by full blown electronic engineers... EVERY piece or pile of delicate electronics was protected by surge protectors or UPS systems.

It amazes me that there is still anyone on the planet that would think surge protectors and UPS were... snake oil.

I will grant you that a $10 surge protector... is snake oil. *Smile

Yes, everything CAN fail at one time or another, even quality surge protectors.
    But most of the time they turn a non-surviable incident (for your electronics), into a survivable one. *Smile

/edit

I apologize for being snarky. But you really need to do some REAL research on quality surge protectors and UPS systems.

I mean I can find loads of people online that seriously believe the world is flat. Even otherwise intelligent people.
    You can't trust absolutely everything you read on the internet.

Thema:

1. Battery backup surge protector question - Similar Threads - Battery backup surge

2. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  3. Question on backups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on backups: I am currently backing up data from my computer via Win7 Backup and Restore and I can see that my backup drive is beginning to get a little clogged up. Is there a way or a tool to compare two existing backup files and delete duplicate info to save space on the backup drive?...
  4. Surge Protector Recommendations

in Windows 10 Support
    Surge Protector Recommendations: Anyone have good recommendation for surge protector? Looking at amazon and there are tons of them... but i notice in many of these great reviews... lot of top comments seem to say negative about it. Don't want to spend a ton on one like 50+ dollars etc. I notice many that are...
  5. Backup question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup question: In Windows 10, under All Settings, Update and Security, there is Backup. I usually select Windows 7 Backup and Restore. What does this backup? Does anyone here know? Thank you. 155985
  6. Battery question!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery question!: Hi, I am having to take the battery out of my laptop and re-install it to start the computer. I might add the battery is only 1 month old and is fully charged. can any one help me?...
  7. A good ups/power surge protector for gaming ?

A good ups/power surge protector for gaming ?: I hope this is the right spot for this question but, I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a quality ups/power surge protector? *some additional info * BenQ XL2430T (1920x1080@144Hz EVGA | 850W 220-G2-0850-XR R. ( The rest of my computer info is...
  8. Battery backup

Battery backup: Hi all just to ask i need to buy a new battery back up buy dont know what wattage to get it will be just for the pc The pc has a 850 watt ps and a gtx 1080 gaphics card and a I7 ,ASUS Z270 MB. Would a 600 watt be good ? I just need time to do a shutdown about 5-10mins in...
  9. Battery Question

Battery Question: I recall that in the past, it was good for the battery to let it run down a certain amount, then let it charge up again. Is that still the current train of thought? My Toshiba laptop is used mostly plugged in to the mains. I note that it never charges more than 80%. My guess...
  10. How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?: Hey ,Everyone general question how can you tell if a Power Surge Protector is dying It seems that i am having a issue with mine #1 Random shut downs and restarts #2 Computer attempts to turn on but power dies ,I'll ,move the stripe power comes back These are...