Windows 10: Battery charge is getting low fast

Discus and support Battery charge is getting low fast in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new laptop but the battery charge is getting low very fast. I tried to turn off the background apps but with no avail. I am sure the issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LupitaSmoot, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Battery charge is getting low fast

I have a new laptop but the battery charge is getting low very fast. I tried to turn off the background apps but with no avail. I am sure the issue is connected with Windows because the laptop and the battery are new

:)

LupitaSmoot, Oct 31, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery charge is getting low fast pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery charge is getting low fast pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Oct 31, 2020
  4. baskhara Win User

Battery charge is getting low fast

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Battery charge is getting low fast

1. Battery charge is getting low fast - Similar Threads - Battery charge getting

2. Battery drains too fast or battery isnt charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains too fast or battery isnt charging: i have this laptop for about 2 years now . I played fortnite for like 4 days and deleting after it but from that day the battry is draining fast and when i charge it up it gets full charged just after 4 to 5 min even though it was 20 pecent just a seconds ago tries shutting...
  3. Battery drains too fast or battery isnt charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drains too fast or battery isnt charging: i have this laptop for about 2 years now . I played fortnite for like 4 days and deleting after it but from that day the battry is draining fast and when i charge it up it gets full charged just after 4 to 5 min even though it was 20 pecent just a seconds ago tries shutting...
  4. How to charge Windows File Explorer it shows low battery?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to charge Windows File Explorer it shows low battery?: This seems to be some bug that after battery runs low File Explorer shows this same message in taskbar and I'm unable to open Windows Explorer because of this. How to charge File Explorer? :D [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.746] Version 20H2...
  5. Battery low warning 7% at 98% charged battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery low warning 7% at 98% charged battery: My 2017 dell inspiron 5567 laptop been using it for 4 years now, Having issues with the battery & battery life, Performance issues that i never experienced the past 3 years I ran a battery test PowerCfg -energy -duration 0 -output EnergyReport.html...
  6. Battery is not getting charged properly

Battery is not getting charged properly: Hi, I'm using Asus Vivobook 15. Past few days my laptop is not getting charged 100%. It seems charging stuck at 59%. Tried changing balance mode to power save mode. But didn't worked for me. Kindly help....
  7. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  8. battery drain fast and cant charge now

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery drain fast and cant charge now: so when I first brought in this surface, I like to use it a bit then turn off the screen, put on charger cable then sleep next to it. but I find out I feel a bit sting and woke up, realize my arm was touching the side of the window surface and it seems like the electic...
  9. battery low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery low: I no longer get a on screen message telling me my battery is low at 15% and laptop shall shutdown shortly, cant find how to get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-low/995134fc-40ca-4647-a4b7-dc7088804764
  10. Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging: Hi, I am getting some odds messages: 1. USB charger is connected to my Laptop and it is charging the battery, however, I received a message "PC is not charging". I got this message and then restarted my laptop. 2. After restarted I have plugged the charger again and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lowfast windows