Windows 10: Battery charge level

Discus and support Battery charge level in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question I wanted to ask about battery charge level. I support several client and I've been getting a lot of complains about laptops that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickD5, Jun 11, 2019.

1. PatrickD5 Win User

Battery charge level

Hi, I have a question I wanted to ask about battery charge level. I support several client and I've been getting a lot of complains about laptops that are plugged in (and it shows as plugged in) but not charging. I suspect that at least in some of those cases that may not be an issue.

It seems to me that when it comes to batteries generally it has to drop to a certain threshold before the laptop starts charging it again. From what has been reported to me, generally battery level is at 80% to 90% when it's plugged in and not charging. It affect different makes and model and both Win 7 and Win 10. Now it could be the case that in some instances there is an actual issue but I suspect that some of them are operating as normal. I just wanted to know if my assumption has any merit and if so how would I figure out if what people are seeing is just normal operation or a potential problem?

:)

PatrickD5, Jun 11, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Battery Level (Plugged In, not charging) in windows 10 laptop.

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the battery of your laptop, you may refer to the helpful post of Anish A Kumar and Azrael's Kiss by clicking the link provided below. This link contains explanation and troubleshooting suggestion for the issue of plugged
    in laptop but not charging.

Battery Level (Plugged In, not charging) in windows 10 Build 10074.

Please post the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 11, 2019
  4. curt jugg Win User

Battery charge level

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Battery charge level

1. Battery charge level - Similar Threads - Battery charge level

2. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging above a certain level.: Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the battery but it didn't workPlease help as this is my main laptop i use for everything....
  3. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging above a certain level.: Hello! My name is Aakash. My battery is stuck on 4% for about 6 months. It wont charge above that 4%.I have tried many things like troubleshooting the battery but it didn't workPlease help as this is my main laptop i use for everything....
  4. Battery not charging above a certain level.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Maximum charge level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum charge level: I limited my laptop charging level to 80% on windows 10, since updating to windows 11 I am unable to change this setting. How can I change my maximum charge level back to 100%?...
  6. Battery charging level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging level: my battery is charging only upto 80% and i have followed your steps of resetting the power plan but no use in that.. can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/39008675-046e-449c-b65a-54baca6c273f
  7. Restoring Battery Charging Level to 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restoring Battery Charging Level to 100%: How we change the battery charging level back to 100 % from the default 80%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-battery-charging-level-to-100/bfc075db-92b2-4221-9611-8369dad640db
  8. battery level

battery level: At one point windows ask if I wanted the battery level to be less when plugged in. Unfortunately, I updated. Now a want a full charge on the battery so computer can be used while traveling. I can't find the place to change it back to full power charge. Can anyone help???...
  9. Battery charge level at 60% but want to change it to 100%

Battery charge level at 60% but want to change it to 100%: when I first set up my Lenovo laptop I selected the option of battery charging only up to 60% as this was the recommended option. this only lets the battery charge to 60% and so when I use it without a plug in to the outlet I get only 1.5-2 hours of battery life. I want to...
  10. Battery charging level

Battery charging level: hello dear, I want to stop charging my battery when charging reached 80%. How i set this satting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-level/c5a9c2fb-7890-48eb-aaa2-1f089b0683d1