Windows 10: Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot

Discus and support Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hoping some computer wiz can help me out here, Im at a loss... My system: Dell Inspiron 7373 2in 1 with 64 bit Windows 10 pro, Intel i7 This laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by atljar, Jan 17, 2019.

1. atljar Win User

Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot

Hoping some computer wiz can help me out here, Im at a loss...

My system: Dell Inspiron 7373 2in 1 with 64 bit Windows 10 pro, Intel i7

This laptop has done this since new. This thing is still under warranty but I really dont want to have to transfer all my stuff from it for a new unit.

The issue: If the laptop is powered down, only when a battery charge level of below about 35%, on reboot the battery will show a critical warning and only 1% charge. This reboot can be immediately after shutting down, or hours/days later.

If you ignore the low battery warning, the battery will continue to operate at 1% charge for a couple hours before dying. If you were to plug in the AC charger, for even 1 second, and then unplug it again, the charge will immediately go back to the last "true" reading of 35% or wherever it was last shut down.

The issue will NOT present itself if the laptop is shut down at a higher charge level (above 35% or so).

What has been tried:
    -New battery from Dell under warranty.
    -Uninstalled all Dell power savers / battery programs
    -Deleted battery driver and reinstalled
    -Conditioned the battery multiple times by fully discharging and then fully recharging
    -Made sure BIOS is up to date
    -Disabled windows fast boot
    -Deleted all the intel Rapid storage software (From a post suggestion I read)
    -Ran windows battery check without finding any issues, as well as a system config check
    -Checked battery status in Bios, it matches whatever windows shows
    -Ran windows battery report which shows the instant charge change with time stamps, but shows no other issues

Im sure there are a few other things I tried, but Im totally out of ideas and desperate for help. Thank you in advance!

:)

atljar, Jan 17, 2019

2. Laptop charging but not increasing battery charged percentage

My HP Probook 4530s (Windows) can charge when it is shut down but cannot increase the battery charged percentage while charging when it is on (although it shows that the charger is plugged in and charging).

Why is this happening and how I can make it show the current battery charged percentage again?

Newtonsmith, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Gort Win User
    battery not charging or 1 minute to full charge

Seems that this issue still happens with the Anniversary Update. Again, it's a trivial issue, particularly as you can click on the battery icon and see the proper percentage, but it's something that shouldn't happen. Actually, mine now says "03 minutes to full charge", and that's despite it only being 11% charged in reality.

Edit: What I've noticed is that if the real percentage of the charging battery reaches something like 70%, then all is displayed properly on the tooltip. I remember something similar happening in my previous post on this thread, in which the battery seemed to "fix" itself when the charge reached into the seventies percent.

4. Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot

Windows 10 battery percentage of design or full charge capacity?

Is the battery indicator in Windows 10 a percentage of the design capacity or the current full charge capacity of the battery ?

ie. if my battery capacity dropped from say, 60mWh to 30mWh from wear, would the indicator show 50% or 100% when the battery is fully charged at its current capacity of 30mWh ?

EDIT: to describe my case, I have an XPS 13 9350 whose battery has a design capacity of 56mWh. over the past few weeks, the battery percentage in windows stops at 55 with "plugged in not charging". running

shows that the current full charge capacity is about 41mWh, meaning at 55% I'm getting about 20mWh on a "full" charge. the surprising thing is Dell Command Power Manager shows my battery to be in excellent health.

Abhinav Vishak, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot

1. Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot - Similar Threads - Battery charge percentage

2. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  3. Server 2016 showing BATTERY percentage & charging????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Server 2016 showing BATTERY percentage & charging????: Looks like after installing some updates, Windows Server 2016 Standard begin showing BATTERY in lower right corner of task bar, with actual animation of battery charging. Lol & ****? :BTW: It's fully blown RACK SERVER with 16 disks in RAID10 array, XEON CPU, redundant power...
  4. Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing

Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing: Even though when I plug in my laptop it shows me that it's plugged in , it still doesn't charge. It also doesn't show me estimated time until fully charged. What can I do to fix this?...
  5. Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging: [ATTACH] Windows used to show the current charge level whenever I hovered over the battery icon, like this: https://preview.redd.it/2a2gsinz36k61.png?width=599&format=png&auto=webp&s=ea84051140f50a099ab700eb44956a97937e3605 And that is normally still the case; but now,...
  6. PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue: I am using a HP Notebook model "hp 15-bs1xx" , but I am experiencing a issue there. I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.836. Window shows that 16% battery is remaining but after few seconds it automatically shutdown without any battery low warning. And also,...
  7. Battery Percentage not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Percentage not showing: I have Windows 10 Home edition. It do not show the battery percentage. I enabled it using Device Manager. But when i shut down and turn on the laptop I need to enable it again. In Taskbar Settings Power icon is enabled. What can I do about this?...
  8. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17
  9. Battery percentage showing wrong.

Battery percentage showing wrong.: When ever i hover over my pointer on my battery icon it's shows 1% extra than it's actual battery percentage. I also try to uninstall the battery drivers but still facing issue....
  10. Battery icon showing wrong percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery icon showing wrong percentage: I installed win10 v1803 directly on my brand new laptop 'HP 15q-bu038tu' Laptop came with freedos, no os was pre-installed, Battery Icon is showing wrong percentage , i.e. it always shows 1% less than real as shown in screenshot [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell laptop restarted and showed 1% battery

2. alienware shows 1% battery after reboot

3. dell battery health excellent charge 1%