Windows 10: Battery charging problem

Discus and support Battery charging problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i charge my laptop while it is in 2% or less "battery is low" pop ups every 20 or 30 seconds until it goes the 10%..and also whiel i play game the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EggyAchiever406, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Battery charging problem

When i charge my laptop while it is in 2% or less "battery is low" pop ups every 20 or 30 seconds until it goes the 10%..and also whiel i play game the charing led indicator blinks and the game starts to hang whenever it blinks....

:)

EggyAchiever406, Nov 16, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Nov 16, 2019
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Nov 16, 2019
  4. curt jugg Win User

Battery charging problem

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Battery charging problem

1. Battery charging problem - Similar Threads - Battery charging problem

2. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery charging problem: My laptop Acer Aspire 5742z-4512 battery is not charging it show a messsage saying 0% available plugged in charging.Just a year ago i had bought this new battery for my laptop and now within 1 year of using this problem has arised..I tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  3. Battery charging problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery charging problem: My laptop Acer Aspire 5742z-4512 battery is not charging it show a messsage saying 0% available plugged in charging.Just a year ago i had bought this new battery for my laptop and now within 1 year of using this problem has arised..I tried uninstalling the drivers and...
  4. Windows 10 Charging battery problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Charging battery problem: Windows 10 Office 365 SSD 500Gb New battery 3 months dead. Nearly always plugged in. Charges somewhat, but not enough to keep the session open. Eventually shuts down and does not have enough power to reboot. Wait 8 hours or so and it starts again. Can't tell when it...
  5. Battery charging Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery charging Problem: I am plugging my laptop and it is showing charging but does not get charged over more than 40-50%. Someone please help. Facing the issue from last month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-problem/1d581f76-479c-4d36-988e-4b0e646014ca
  6. Battery Problem (Plugged in but not charging)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery Problem (Plugged in but not charging): So I've got a problem with my battery in that is currently won't charge. When plugged in the battery status simply says 'plugged in'. I'm aware of the fix of uninstalling the battery drivers, removing the battery and power cycling but I have a problem. My battery is sealed...
  7. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging: hello, today something went wrong, i don't know why. the battery is not charging, i plugged in for at least 5hours today But nothing is happening. and when i removed the charger the laptop shut down, i mean got locked. indicator showing 0% charging....
  8. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  9. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  10. Problem charging the battery

Problem charging the battery: when connect hp laptop charger to pc, start charging some minutes then stop charging >. This process is repeated as long as the charger is connected to the device. I removed the battery from the device and connected the charger and found that there was no problem with the...