Windows 10: Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop.

Discus and support Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1. It didn't happen automatically. 2. Was advised by Microsoft advisor to go into device manager and uninstall everything under "Batteries" then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D.Charner, Nov 18, 2020.

1. D.Charner Win User

Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop.

1. It didn't happen automatically.

2. Was advised by Microsoft advisor to go into device manager and uninstall everything under "Batteries" then re-start. No change to the cycle count which at 400 is obviously from the old battery.

Based on not finding anything on this I guess I'm one of the first people in history to have changed a battery and wanted to re-set the count without doing a degree in computer science but if anyone else has undertaken this adventure I would appreciate any options that may work.

:)

D.Charner, Nov 18, 2020

2. Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.

Hi, I am Nigel, Independent Advisor here to work with you on this issue.

The battery cycle life on the average notebook nowadays is 1 - 1/2 years.

378 sounds like the rated capacity or number of cycles the battery has left.

If it is a new laptop I would suggest that the count will go down or is just there as a gauge of size of the battery, where as the HP assist app counts up and is a true representation of use.

HP Support may be able to provide further insights into how each work.

Hope this helps!

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

nigelyardley, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Battery Cycle count

How do you do a battery cycle count on your Microsoft surface pro?

chancehulse, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop.

Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.

Hi HardikPatel01 , my name is Anthony, I am an Independent Advisor and a Windows user just like you. I am happy to help answer your question.

I saw a few good suggestions already however I would advise to use a small external battery monitoring software that I find very useful and use it myself.

It is called BatteryCare, is free, and can be downloaded from this link:

BatteryCare

Once installed it will show you battery details. It shows discharged cycles but what's more useful is an information about wear status. If your battery had over 370 cycles it would show at least 20% wear. As this is a new laptop it should show 0% or maybe 1%
    as new batteries need a few cycles to get to full capacity.

Just to let you know that for example in my case powercfg /batteryreport shows 0 cycles so this command simply can't read battery data correctly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anthony

Anthony Mlodzinski, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop.

1. Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop. - Similar Threads - Battery cycle count

2. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 Customization
    My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts: Hi, the last week I bought the HP 15s-eq1083ns laptop in a new state. But, when i did a check, and i applied the command "powercfg /batteryreport" I saw that my laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts. What its means? The battery of my laptop has been used 373 times?....
  3. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts: Hi, the last week I bought the HP 15s-eq1083ns laptop in a new state. But, when i did a check, and i applied the command "powercfg /batteryreport" I saw that my laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts. What its means? The battery of my laptop has been used 373 times?....
  4. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?

Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier?: Hi!I checked my battery report using cmd. It shows 375 battery cycles. Is 375 a Cycle battery healthier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-375-a-cycle-battery-healthier/00d07590-62d0-48db-9d4d-758531c0e44f
  7. Battery Cycle Count is missing!

Battery Cycle Count is missing!: I generated the battery report & noticed that the cycle count is missing! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-cycle-count-is-missing/0a07055b-b047-471b-b791-3fe29cc94098
  8. Battery Cycle Blank in Battery Report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Cycle Blank in Battery Report: Hi yallz! I tried to run CMD Prompt a battery report powercfg/batteryreport, but my cycle count is blank -. What's weird is this isn't a new computer, I've been using it for a year now.. And most definitely the battery has a couple of cycle under it's belt... I tried to...
  9. Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.

Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.: Hello, I just purchased the HP 15S EQ0024AU 2 days back. I ran powercfg/batteryreport from the command prompt and the battery cycle count shows 378 whereas in the HP assistant app it shows only 3. Does it mean the battery was used before hp put it in the laptop and the its...
  10. Battery Cycle count

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Cycle count: How do you do a battery cycle count on your Microsoft surface pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-cycle-count/d9e68d57-e978-4b26-acdd-30a5a1540074