Windows 10: Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.

Discus and support Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased the HP 15S EQ0024AU 2 days back. I ran powercfg/batteryreport from the command prompt and the battery cycle count shows 378... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HardikPatel01, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.

Hello, I just purchased the HP 15S EQ0024AU 2 days back. I ran powercfg/batteryreport from the command prompt and the battery cycle count shows 378 whereas in the HP assistant app it shows only 3. Does it mean the battery was used before hp put it in the laptop and the its cycle started? or is it a windows bug? Also the full charge capacity and current capacity is same. I'm confused :

:)

HardikPatel01, Jun 18, 2020

2. Battery Cycle count

How do you do a battery cycle count on your Microsoft surface pro?

chancehulse, Jun 18, 2020
  3. d0001 Win User
    Battery cycle count - Dell Inspiron 3521

Why there is no information about CYCLE COUNT in BATTERY REPORT html file?

Is there option to count battery cycles?

Screenshot of Battery report below

Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop. 0fc3b8f9-18c7-489c-9575-355f6de95cac.png

d0001, Jun 18, 2020
  4. HairyFool Win User

Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.

Battery cycle count - Dell Inspiron 3521

It would have to be provided by the battery electronics as it cannot be estimated within the operating system. The report has the field for it but if it has no data to insert it cannot do it.

Cycle count is very a very hit and miss estimate unless you do actually take it from full to discharged each time. 5 x 20% discharge sequences does not equate to a single full cycle in terms of battery life.

HairyFool, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop.

1. Battery cycle count shows 378 on a new laptop. - Similar Threads - Battery cycle count

2. My new laptop has already 43 cycle count.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new laptop has already 43 cycle count.: I bought a new ASUS Vivobook laptop. I decided to check the health of the battery and it showed 43 cycle count. But I recharged it only 1 time. What's the problem?...
  3. My new laptop has already 43 cycle count.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop has already 43 cycle count.: I bought a new ASUS Vivobook laptop. I decided to check the health of the battery and it showed 43 cycle count. But I recharged it only 1 time. What's the problem?...
  4. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 Customization
    My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts: Hi, the last week I bought the HP 15s-eq1083ns laptop in a new state. But, when i did a check, and i applied the command "powercfg /batteryreport" I saw that my laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts. What its means? The battery of my laptop has been used 373 times?....
  5. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts: Hi, the last week I bought the HP 15s-eq1083ns laptop in a new state. But, when i did a check, and i applied the command "powercfg /batteryreport" I saw that my laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts. What its means? The battery of my laptop has been used 373 times?....
  6. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My new laptop has already 375 battery cycle counts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Battery Cycle Count is missing!

Battery Cycle Count is missing!: I generated the battery report & noticed that the cycle count is missing! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-cycle-count-is-missing/0a07055b-b047-471b-b791-3fe29cc94098
  9. Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop.

Battery cycle count re-set after installation of new battery in Laptop.: 1. It didn't happen automatically. 2. Was advised by Microsoft advisor to go into device manager and uninstall everything under "Batteries" then re-start. No change to the cycle count which at 400 is obviously from the old battery. Based on not finding anything on this I...
  10. Battery Cycle count

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Cycle count: How do you do a battery cycle count on your Microsoft surface pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-cycle-count/d9e68d57-e978-4b26-acdd-30a5a1540074