Windows 10: Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop

Discus and support Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new gaming laptop. After windows 10 updates automatically installed, my battery stopped charging. I noticed this morning that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jimwendel, Jan 5, 2019.

1. jimwendel Win User

Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop

I recently purchased a new gaming laptop. After windows 10 updates automatically installed, my battery stopped charging. I noticed this morning that it was at 10% so I shut it down. Apparently the shut down during the 10% and now the computer will not start back up. How am I to fix this? I paid for Microsoft license to avoid these types of problems and I would expect Microsoft do you have a solution. Please let me know as soon as possible before I start other exclamation proceedings.

:)

jimwendel, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

Laptop Battery

The battery should last about 3 hours, I still think it's a Windows power managment setting check this link for info

http://support.microsoft.com/search...False&x=10&y=12&query=laptop power management

This is a long list of known problems, maybe you can find the correct one knowing more of your symptoms

Link for new battery

http://www.camcorderbattery.ca/laptop-batteries/acer.htm

Namslas90, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Laptop battery Dead ?

Iv just been using my laptop for the past half an hour On the battery when for Some reason it cut off I knew i diddn't have much battery life left but it just Cut out instantly no warning message battery Low Etc...

Anyway i still needed to use the laptop so i went and plugged it in, laptop Said it was charging was on the computer about another half an hour after that then my dad walked in so i went to unplug the laptop to show him something on the net and as soon as i unplugged it the laptop cut out.

So i plugged it back in and noticed there was no amber charging light on the laptop so i started up the laptop and it displays on the battery icon "33% plugged in but not charging" and everytime i take it out the mains the laptop cuts out.

Is my battery dead or could it be just a fault with windows do you think ?

Virus-j, Jan 5, 2019
  4. meran Win User

Laptop battery Dead ?

hmmmm remove the battery and the charger and put it back again if the battery is dead it should show red X on the battery in windows 7

meran, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop - Similar Threads - Battery Dead Update

2. Windows 11 battery charging issues on brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 battery charging issues on brand new laptop: Hello,We’ have a brand new laptop https://www.justlaptops.co.nz/intel-nuc-x15-laptop-bkc71ebgu6000-15-6-240hz-intel-corei7-11800h-rtx3060-max-p-130w-16gb-1tb-pcie-gen4-ssd-thunderbolt-4-mechanical-perkey-rgb-win11-15842?search=Intel+nuc&description=true which has had issues...
  3. Windows 11 battery charging issues on brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 battery charging issues on brand new laptop: Hello,We’ have a brand new laptop https://www.justlaptops.co.nz/intel-nuc-x15-laptop-bkc71ebgu6000-15-6-240hz-intel-corei7-11800h-rtx3060-max-p-130w-16gb-1tb-pcie-gen4-ssd-thunderbolt-4-mechanical-perkey-rgb-win11-15842?search=Intel+nuc&description=true which has had issues...
  4. Laptop Battery dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery dead: Hi Windows 10 A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge. So first question is...
  5. Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery: Recently, onde of the updates failed error 0x8024004c, and the messege says that I need to have my battery charged at least 40%. Unfortunately, my PC's battery is dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and it only works while pluged. Is there any solution to make it update even...
  6. Windows 10 on brand new laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 on brand new laptop: My son has just had his own windows 10 laptop and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of...
  7. Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery: The windows always force me to update my windows 10, but the problem is my laptop battery is dead, and I can't find a replacement since I had no money for it yet. but the windows keep force me to update it, I'm afraid I will unable to use my laptop at all if this keeps...
  8. Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update: Hello. I run a Lenovo z50 Windows 10 Laptop and the battery was working fine (approx 2 hours+) until I ran the latest update earlier this week. Since that update the battery is totally dead and will not take a charge. Has anyone else had a similar issue and is there a way...
  9. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....
  10. laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery): just got a new battery but when I installed it, I only get "plugged in not charging "message. my a/c adapter cord is about 3months old. phone call to computer store says my new battery is problemno good and this is common. anyone else hear of this? anyone have knowledge to...