Windows 10: Battery Decreasing - Even when plugged in!

Discus and support Battery Decreasing - Even when plugged in! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Win 10 Pro and facing an issue with the battery. It is lowering down even when I connect my charger. What can I do? P.S - Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kaman, Apr 1, 2021.

1. kaman Win User

Battery Decreasing - Even when plugged in!

Hello,

I am using Win 10 Pro and facing an issue with the battery. It is lowering down even when I connect my charger. What can I do?

P.S - Using the original Lenovo charger, the battery is also new but not of Lenovo.

Edit-

I removed the charging wire and then re-inserted it again, the battery was going up. But would like to know what is the issue behind this problem? This can occur again too.

:)

kaman, Apr 1, 2021

2. Battery Percentage decreasing when plugged in

basically, it's possible to use a laptop without a battery, so im doing that because there's nothing dangerous on it, but while the PC is plugged in, the battery is decreasing, why?

CoolWindows10User, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery Decreasing - Even when plugged in! pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 1, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Battery Decreasing - Even when plugged in! - Similar Threads - Battery Decreasing plugged

2. battery decrease even though the laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery decrease even though the laptop shut down: i will upload the screenshot of my battery usage for the last 7 daysas you can see on april 4 the battery decreasing, i never use my laptop on that date. Also the "screen on daily average 20h 48min" i never use my laptop for that long daily, its only 2-5 hours daily. can...
  3. battery decrease even though the laptop shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery decrease even though the laptop shut down: i will upload the screenshot of my battery usage for the last 7 daysas you can see on april 4 the battery decreasing, i never use my laptop on that date. Also the "screen on daily average 20h 48min" i never use my laptop for that long daily, its only 2-5 hours daily. can...
  4. Laptop battery will not charge even when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery will not charge even when plugged in: I have a Lenovo laptop iPad five series 14 ARD05 81YM model. A couple nights ago I was using my laptop while it was plugged into the charger and suddenly it said the battery was going dead. Even though it was plugged in. I was in a mad panic because it was draining the...
  5. Battery Percentage decreasing when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Percentage decreasing when plugged in: basically, it's possible to use a laptop without a battery, so im doing that because there's nothing dangerous on it, but while the PC is plugged in, the battery is decreasing, why?...
  6. Battery won't charge past 60% when plugged in, even when not in use

Battery won't charge past 60% when plugged in, even when not in use: I have noticed for about a week now that my Asus VivoBook is not charging past 60% when it is plugged in. For a day or two I thought it was odd and also that it could be a coincidence, but then the next time I went to use it, noticed that it hadn't gone past 60% since the...
  7. Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.

Laptop is using battery power even when it is plugged in and fully charged.: Hi guys, couple of months ago i bought a new gaming laptop that have a GTX1050 4gb graphic. But now a days I noticed that when i play heavy games like GTA V, Far cry 5, Resident evil 3 etc. my laptop is using battery power even I plugged in. When i do less power demanding...
  8. Battery will not charge when plugged in

Battery will not charge when plugged in: My Lenovo ideapad 120S will not charge when plugged in. It is a brand new computer and I think it may be stuck in shipping mode. I have unplugged it held the power button 90 seconds and still will not work. I have also pressed the reset button and that didn't fix it. Does...
  9. Battery draining when plugged in

Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...
  10. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...