Windows 10: battery details

Discus and support battery details in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i can't see the remaining time left on battery on my windows laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NikodemSnitko, Mar 1, 2021.

1. battery details

i can't see the remaining time left on battery on my windows laptop

:)

NikodemSnitko, Mar 1, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery details pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 1, 2021
  4. battery details

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

battery details

1. battery details - Similar Threads - battery details

2. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  3. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  4. Windows 11 Does Not Show Detailed Battery Time Remaining

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Show Detailed Battery Time Remaining: Detailed battery information with estimated time remaining is missing on the taskbar and Power and Battery settings. It was previously visible on the taskbar. How to fix this?Thanks,Sasa...
  5. Windows 11 Does Not Show Detailed Battery Time Remaining

Windows 11 Does Not Show Detailed Battery Time Remaining: Detailed battery information with estimated time remaining is missing on the taskbar and Power and Battery settings. It was previously visible on the taskbar. How to fix this?Thanks,Sasa...
  6. what do these battery report details mean ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do these battery report details mean ??: Hello,I've recently purchased an HP Laptop model name: HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx and I've noticed it's been draining really really fast even though it's a new purchase with only 1 or 2 apps in the background, the fans are very loud and sometimes go off for no...
  7. what do these battery report details mean ??

what do these battery report details mean ??: Hello,I've recently purchased an HP Laptop model name: HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx and I've noticed it's been draining really really fast even though it's a new purchase with only 1 or 2 apps in the background, the fans are very loud and sometimes go off for no...
  8. Extracting battery details from computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extracting battery details from computer: Hi all, I've been playing around with Battery Reports in Windows 10 - powercfg /batteryreport Does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve specific values that are in the report so they can be used in a powershell script? I'm specifically looking for the following...
  9. Battery Report details and how to read them?

Battery Report details and how to read them?: Good day!I've been using the Battery Report for some time now and it seems that on different machines or Windows versions you can have a different readings. For example, the %/16h is something new for me:I would like to know what this %/16h means or how to read it?...
  10. Microsoft’s patent details battery protection mode for Windows 10 devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s patent details battery protection mode for Windows 10 devices: The latest patent filed by Microsoft details the useful battery protection mode. In the patent filing, Microsoft has detailed how the new battery protection mode could be enabled on devices and how it is designed to improve the battery performance of the hardware. The...