Windows 10: Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update

Discus and support Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I just downloaded the newest update and everything went to hell. Not only did my BIOS fingerprint not work anymore, but it also caused some sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeborahHaines1, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update

So, I just downloaded the newest update and everything went to hell. Not only did my BIOS fingerprint not work anymore, but it also caused some sort of disconnect with my battery and charging cord. Once I uninstalled the newest update, my computer is now charging again.This is more of just letting others know that if something happens with your charging capabilities and you did download the newest update, it isn't your cord or your port or anything. I tried everything before uninstalling the latest update. Nothing worked. Hopefully, Microsoft can figure out what happened, cause nothing I did w

:)

DeborahHaines1, Sep 29, 2022

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update

1. Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update - Similar Threads - Battery Disconnect newest

2. Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Disconnect with newest 9/28 update: So, I just downloaded the newest update and everything went to hell. Not only did my BIOS fingerprint not work anymore, but it also caused some sort of disconnect with my battery and charging cord. Once I uninstalled the newest update, my computer is now charging again.This...
  3. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  4. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  5. Newest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest update: My husband did his updates today and when requested restarted. The friggin thing deleted EVERYTHING on his computer WHAT THE LITERAL HELL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-update/606b5cca-4a12-46bd-b3b8-769f279de559
  6. Newest win10 update

Newest win10 update: Did the new update screw up anyone's homepage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-win10-update/638e1814-18d8-45fd-b355-d52df35edd31
  7. Newest Microsoft Update

Newest Microsoft Update: Yesterday at noon my system wanted me to restart my computer to install an update, so I did. An hour later I walk into my room to discover my computer isn’t turned on anymore, I thought this want strange as I didn’t shut it down, but to my suprise, when I turned it back on,...
  8. Newest Update

Newest Update: I have a Gateway desktop computer, 64 bit operating system. It currently has Windows 10 Home, v 1803, and I have been trying to update to the newest version. I have tried multiple times. It will start updating but then it freezes; I'll do a hard shut off, and then when I...
  9. Newest update?

Newest update?: I tried updating windows and it updated the first part but it failed to update the rest so how do I update it fully bc it failed to update the most current windows 10 update? 138158
  10. Newest update

Newest update: My win 10 ver, is 1809 and I get a Event ID 20. Says can't install because of a driver. It does not tell me what driver and I can not find it in any log of the error. Can someone plese help me with this? Thanks...