Windows 10: battery does not charge when plugged in

Discus and support battery does not charge when plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/5ebd85e4-e45f-4271-b9c8-5dc1eeb9e804 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConanO'Neill, Jun 2, 2019.

1. battery does not charge when plugged in

how do I fix this

:)

ConanO'Neill, Jun 2, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Jun 2, 2019
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Battery plugged in but not charging.

Thanks erpster4,
    Yes, I have read most, if not all, of the old threads. There seem to be a dozen or more possible solutions but none that is guaranteed to work under all circumstances. At the moment my battery is showing 100% charge at the battery icon. When I go into F2, the battery information shows AC Adapter Unknown (a Dell Adapter) and battery health normal on 99% Charge.
    When I go into F12, Diagnostics, it shows AC Adapter as 1 Watt (the actual adapter is 130 Watt).
    As I have been running the laptop with the adapter plugged in for a number of days now I have just unplugged it and will see what happens when I plug back in with the battery having partly discharged. The one suggested solution I have not attempted is to update the BIOS as doing this can, I read, cause more problems than it solves. By the way, all the Dell diagnostic tests I run show everything in the best of health. Clearly the diagnostic tests themselves need a diagnostic test.

gordon99, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Graydrake Win User

battery does not charge when plugged in

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

battery does not charge when plugged in

1. battery does not charge when plugged in - Similar Threads - battery does charge

2. my battery is not charging when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery is not charging when plugged in.: My battery is not charging when plugged in. I have an Dell Inspiron R17 N7010, with Windows 10. It runs OK when plugged in, but does not charge the battery....
  3. Battery will not charge when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery will not charge when plugged in: My Lenovo ideapad 120S will not charge when plugged in. It is a brand new computer and I think it may be stuck in shipping mode. I have unplugged it held the power button 90 seconds and still will not work. I have also pressed the reset button and that didn't fix it. Does...
  4. Plugged in but battery does not charge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Plugged in but battery does not charge: Win Pro operating system version 1909 build 18363.476 How can it be that I have 3 PCs all running Win 10 Pro 64-bit that run well except the batteries will not recharge. When I take the notebooks to another location and plug them in the icon on the taskbar says Plugged in...
  5. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  6. Battery plugged in, not charging

Battery plugged in, not charging: I have my USB-C charging cable plugged into the charging port of my laptop. However, the batter icon on my bottom right says (when I moused over it) "5% available (plugged in, not charging). Can't solve this issue. Anyone with solution ? I am on Window 10 Pro, ThinkPad X1...
  7. Battery plugged in but not charging.

Battery plugged in but not charging.: I have recently noticed that the battery on my Dell Laptop, which runs on Windows 10. (64 bit) is not charging and displays the note "plugged in but not charging. I have read a number of possible easy solutions, none of which seem to work. The adapter and leads etc seem to be...
  8. battery plugged in not charging

battery plugged in not charging: My battery won't charge. Says plugged in not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/battery-plugged-in-not-charging/88e70d57-e863-4a95-8925-9bf98ee0aa69
  9. battery plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery plugged in but not charging: Status on laptop shows battery plugged in but not charging (battery is at 80%). When I disconnect the mains, the laptop shuts down....
  10. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...