Windows 10: battery doesn't charge

Discus and support battery doesn't charge in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The battery of my Laptop doesn't charge. Is connected but doesn't charge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BobScott3, Nov 5, 2018.

1. BobScott3 Win User

battery doesn't charge

The battery of my Laptop doesn't charge. Is connected but doesn't charge.

:)

BobScott3, Nov 5, 2018
  2. fgrafe Win User

E61 battery charging problems

My one year old E61 doesn´t charge the battery and I can´t turn it on again after more then 8 hours in the charger. No signal of charging appears on the screen and the top left light doesn´t lights. My hypothesis is that the battery is fully exhausted
    and the firmware can´t work. Have you an answer or a solution?

fgrafe, Nov 6, 2018
  3. curt jugg Win User
    New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Nov 6, 2018
  4. battery doesn't charge

battery not charging or 1 minute to full charge

Doesn't seem to be the charger cause - after last time of unloading and reloading the battery monitoring software and taking and putting the battery back in, without touching the charger - then the battery charged up to 100%. Tried all the other stuff too - to no avail. It's just pretty weird with the inconsistencies - sometimes the techniques suggested on the forums work - and sometimes they don't. Pretty frustrating. Interesting though that Windows 8.1 had same issue, so I won;t try going back there to solve the problem. I'm beginning to think that there is some incompatibility between Dell laptops and Windows drivers that is at the root of this -but not so often that either company thinks that a fix is in order.

batteryrod, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

battery doesn't charge

1. battery doesn't charge - Similar Threads - battery doesn't charge

2. suddenly plugging in doesn't charge the battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    suddenly plugging in doesn't charge the battery: my computer showed low battery, so I plug in and everything works, battery stops draining, but its not charging up at all when previously plugging in started the battery charging. When I scroll over the battery icon it says "plugged in, not charging". Any thoughts as to why...
  3. Battery display doesn't show the proper charge

Battery display doesn't show the proper charge: When the charger is plugged in the battery display is stuck at 8% for several minutes. Other times when the battery is fully charged and the charger is unplugged the battery display remains stuck at 100% for several minutes. The laptop also shuts down due to a low battery....
  4. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: hello, today something went wrong, i don't know why. the battery is not charging, i plugged in for at least 5hours today But nothing is happening. and when i removed the charger the laptop shut down, i mean got locked. indicator showing 0% charging....
  5. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  6. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  7. Battery Icon Doesn't Tell If In Charge Or Not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Icon Doesn't Tell If In Charge Or Not: Hey, My battery icon looks exactly the same when it's in charge and when it isn't, so there's no way to tell if it's in charge or not, and if the charger is working or not. It used to show a cabal next to to it when I charged my computer, and it suddenly stopped. I tried...
  8. my battery doesn't charge 100%

my battery doesn't charge 100%: my battery doesn't charge 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery/c7d52805-fc65-4bfb-87ee-969242cab345"
  9. Battery doesn't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery doesn't charge: Hello ... since the last Win10 update my battery doesn't charge. I've searched through this community and can't find an answer that works for me. I have a Dell Inspire 15R...
  10. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: Hi. My battery is plugged in and not charging. I switched plug in outlets and did the un plug plug in, I also took the battery out and put it back in. The power cord has changed shape, it is twisting in circles. Do you think the power may have fried my laptops battery...