Windows 10: Battery drain in hibernation

Discus and support Battery drain in hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have my laptop set to hibernate after I press my power button when I have finished using it for the moment. After a recent update, I have noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SrRoCo, Apr 1, 2019.

1. SrRoCo Win User

Battery drain in hibernation

I have my laptop set to hibernate after I press my power button when I have finished using it for the moment. After a recent update, I have noticed that there seems to be a drain on my battery after I have put the pc in hibernation. The battery will have more than 50% power before hibernation, then will I will get a battery level alert shortly after I wake it from hibernation and then power down due to lack of battery power. I have even seen my pc screen light up and go dark when it is supposed to be in hibernation and I am not using it. It is becoming an incredible nuisance since I hibernate my pc with plenty of power in the battery, and when I return to use the pc once more the power is no longer there. Please fix this issue of the screen and/or pc waking when it is suppose to be hibernating or at least in sleep mode so that the battery issues can be remedied.

:)

SrRoCo, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Bonzo 76 Win User

Battery drain in sleep and hibernation

Since a clean installation of Win 10 my laptop battery has begun to completely drain overnight when in sleep or hibernate modes. It is ok when powered off so I suspect the battery is ok.

Any suggestions?

Bonzo 76, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Keager Win User
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Apr 1, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Hibernate drain my battery

Hi,

Corrupted registry files may be a possible reason why your computer won't hibernate after an update is installed, To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are there any error messages when trying to hibernate your computer?
    • Are you experiencing issues when resetting or shutting down your computer?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter and check if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type control and press enter to open Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box.
    • Click view all on the left pane.
    • Run the Power Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Battery drain in hibernation - Similar Threads - Battery drain hibernation

2. Battery Drain Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Drain Issue: My laptop's battery usually lasts for about 4 & 1/2 hours. but when it is connected to wifi, it only lasts for 2 hours. what can I do to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drain-issue/729335d3-41fd-4e5a-b1eb-9ecf435b5ec7
  3. My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery

My Laptop is Automatically Waking from Hibernate Draining Battery: One of the recent updates (BIOS, Thunderbolt, Windows) has caused my Lenovo Carbon X1G6 to automatically resume from hibernate each day. The PC wakes from hibernate due to a system scheduled task at 05:30 and then enters sleep mode, leading to battery drain. It does not...
  4. Battery Drains While Shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Drains While Shutdown: Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine. This seems to be a common problem. Any advice...
  5. Battery drains since Update 1089

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery drains since Update 1089: I have a Dell XPS 13 2in1 model 9365. Since Windows installed the October 1089 update my battery life has been cut almost in half. I'm lucky to get 4 hours now. I have checked all power settings. Is there a fix for this problem? All of the other post for similar problems...
  6. Failing battery or draining issues?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failing battery or draining issues?: Updating the original Post: Hi guys! Just recently got a Surface Pro 3 from eBay (Mint condition). It arrived me yesterday and I got super duper excited with it. Been wanting a Surface Pro device for the past 4 years, and saw this opportunity and couldn't let it go by. It...
  7. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...
  8. Tablet battery drain

Tablet battery drain: I have Dell tablet, and with Windows 8 the battery was fine, after upgrading and doing a clean install of Windows 10,the battery drain has been terrible. I left my tablet docked to its keyboard (which also supplies extra battery to my tablet) overnight with WiFi off and...
  9. WP sync client draining battery

WP sync client draining battery: I cant find anything online what "WP sync client" is, but it is draining battery on my Venue 8 Pro. I have already tried to disable all tiles, and all background tasks. I dont have any phone sync app installed or anything. But still "powercfg sleepstudy" shows "WP sync...
  10. Battery drain

Battery drain: Windows 10 is draining all my battery. I used to have 2.5hours standby on windows 8.1. I can barely go through an hour on windows 10. 10745

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hibernation mode windows 10 draining battery

2. windows 10 settings draining battery in sleep