Windows 10: Battery Drain Issues

Discus and support Battery Drain Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own an Asus brand laptop. I usually plug-in and keep the battery at 60% using Asus Battery Health. But today, when I powered off the computer at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hiếu Phạm Đỗ Minh, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Battery Drain Issues

I own an Asus brand laptop. I usually plug-in and keep the battery at 60% using Asus Battery Health. But today, when I powered off the computer at the night before and I turned on today, the battery dropped to 0%, and because I’m using the battery bar app, it showed the full battery capacity is 16Wh even though the real full capacity was 42Wh. I don’t know why but this is the second time I’ve had this issue. Please help me find the solution.

:)

Hiếu Phạm Đỗ Minh, Jul 31, 2019
  2. superjose Win User

Failing battery or draining issues?

Bang! Problem solved! I also posted this in Neowin: Do I have a failing battery? Or is a program draining the heck out of it? - Surface Pro 3 - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums

I was suggested to reinstall the drivers. Device Manager didn't expressed any anomalies, but reinstalling the drivers yielded outstanding results. The device now lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. The last hour and 23 minute was with the device playing music in Media Player Classic with the display always-on at 100% brightness and the volume 80%.

Thanks for everything *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

superjose, Jul 31, 2019
  3. YoussifC6 Win User
    C6 battery drain too fast

i already done this steps still my battery drain too fast hope for other suggestions

YoussifC6, Jul 31, 2019
  4. superjose Win User

Battery Drain Issues

Failing battery or draining issues?

Updating the original Post:

Hi guys! Just recently got a Surface Pro 3 from eBay (Mint condition). It arrived me yesterday and I got super duper excited with it. Been wanting a Surface Pro device for the past 4 years, and saw this opportunity and couldn't let it go by. It is a Surface Pro 3 256GB i7 8GB RAM for ($700). It doesn't have more than 24 hours with me. Today I decided to test it for real.

To my surprise, it's been only an hour and a half and the Surface has already dropped to 36%. I opened Task Manager to see if someone was hungry for power, found nothing. Looked over Resource Monitor and couldn't find anything interesting.

I decided to run a powercfg analysis and I found something interesting. First of all this device has 370 Power Cycles used. I kind of freaked out because I know Lithium-ion batteries start to fade away at 500. I looked over the Internet to see how much is the power cycle of a Surface Pro 3, and found out it is incredible high.

What is the typical battery life (cycles) for a Surface Pro 3? - Windows Central Forums

There shouldn't be a problem with the number of cycles. In fact, if we do the math:

(261 days per year @ 5 days per week) * 4.5 = 1,174.5 cycles for 80%.

Below are all the snips I've taken from the different places to see if there could be a battery drain, but I've found none.

Could it be a failing battery? Hope it's not.... It would cost me an extra $200 to change it *Sad

Battery Drain Issues [​IMG]

superjose, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Battery Drain Issues

1. Battery Drain Issues - Similar Threads - Battery Drain Issues

2. battery drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery drain: I have this lenovo Yoga Pro 14s and I am facing some issues with its power. it drains battery when shut down. if i charge it full and then dont use it for two days, it will show me no power left even though i didnt use it and it wasnt in sleep mode. it has windows 10. i tried...
  3. Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  4. battery drain issue with windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery drain issue with windows11: My laptop battery drain so quick running on windows 11. when I was on windows 10 I haven't had this issue, but now windows 11 is consuming the battery even when my laptop lid closed. I've tried everything possible to reduce energy consuming but didn't work. that new system...
  5. battery drain issue with windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery drain issue with windows11: My laptop battery drain so quick running on windows 11. when I was on windows 10 I haven't had this issue, but now windows 11 is consuming the battery even when my laptop lid closed. I've tried everything possible to reduce energy consuming but didn't work. that new system...
  6. Draining Battery

Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  7. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...
  8. heating and battery draining issues.

heating and battery draining issues.: Hello, after October update my laptop is getting heat and draining more battery. Task manager shows hing cpu usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heating-and-battery-draining-issues/f965214f-c30e-4a59-8e93-96dd704900f4
  9. Battery Drain Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Drain Issue: My laptop's battery usually lasts for about 4 & 1/2 hours. but when it is connected to wifi, it only lasts for 2 hours. what can I do to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drain-issue/729335d3-41fd-4e5a-b1eb-9ecf435b5ec7
  10. Failing battery or draining issues?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failing battery or draining issues?: Updating the original Post: Hi guys! Just recently got a Surface Pro 3 from eBay (Mint condition). It arrived me yesterday and I got super duper excited with it. Been wanting a Surface Pro device for the past 4 years, and saw this opportunity and couldn't let it go by. It...