Windows 10: Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge...

Discus and support Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ashen001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9ki7q/battery_drainage_problem_after_new_windows_10/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ashen001, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge...

/u/Ashen001, Feb 25, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 25, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge...

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge...

1. Battery drainage problem after new windows 10 update? Previously my laptop on full charge... - Similar Threads - Battery drainage problem

2. windows 11 battery drainage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 battery drainage: Have brand new HP 17inch laptop with W11 and noticed that battery drains over night from 100% to 3% even if laptop is switched off. Even with suggested fix on youtube nothing helps, and because of that people are switching back to W10 ! For example: I have important meting...
  3. windows 11 battery drainage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 battery drainage: Have brand new HP 17inch laptop with W11 and noticed that battery drains over night from 100% to 3% even if laptop is switched off. Even with suggested fix on youtube nothing helps, and because of that people are switching back to W10 ! For example: I have important meting...
  4. HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?: Hello all, Just to give a bit background info regarding this laptop, I got it back in December of 2021 so it has been about 2 months owning this laptop now. This laptop is HP Pavilion Laptop 15.I rarely use it as well, only a couple of times.I would say about 2-3 times in...
  5. HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion Laptop 15: New Laptop Battery Drainage?: Hello all, Just to give a bit background info regarding this laptop, I got it back in December of 2021 so it has been about 2 months owning this laptop now. This laptop is HP Pavilion Laptop 15.I rarely use it as well, only a couple of times.I would say about 2-3 times in...
  6. Problems regarding full charge capacity of battery after updating my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems regarding full charge capacity of battery after updating my laptop: Hi there, Someone please help me out.Recently i updated my laptop which i recive in windows update section. Before update i check my battery report through powercfg /batteryreport and it will show 53,880mWh and after update i checked report with same method it shows me...
  7. Unusual battery drainage after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unusual battery drainage after Windows update: I've noticed my gaming laptop battery drains (while plugged in) while I'm gaming. This wasn't the case before: I could game for hours on end with the battery staying at 100% I think this draining was introduced with the most recent Windows January update. Is there a way to...
  8. HEATING AND BATTERY DRAINAGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEATING AND BATTERY DRAINAGE: Sir, i have dell inspiron 15-3521 mode very fine working with windows 8.1 condition. Problem is that a few days ago when i upgrade to windows 10 laptop working fine but near processor area too heat compare to windows 8 or windows 8.1 and also fan rotating high....
  9. laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery): just got a new battery but when I installed it, I only get "plugged in not charging "message. my a/c adapter cord is about 3months old. phone call to computer store says my new battery is problemno good and this is common. anyone else hear of this? anyone have knowledge to...
  10. New Laptop Battery Not Charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop Battery Not Charging: I have a Toshiba Satellite L550. The OEM battery was, at this point, eight years old and barely held a charge for more than 40 minutes if the AC adapter was unplugged. Went to a battery store today and got a replacement battery. I held my power button down while the AC was...