Windows 10: Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent...

Discus and support Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello community fellows, This is the third battery in my HP Pavilion Entertainment laptop. The second battery was working well during half a yer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr. Jack Hill, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent...

Hello community fellows,

This is the third battery in my HP Pavilion Entertainment laptop. The second battery was working well during half a yer, then started with a similar symptom - dried out overnight and did not want to recharge. However, the technician found that it was okay after I returned it, stilll, I got the 3rd battery (she was pissed off with me though). This 3rd battery was okay for months, and now the same story: when plugged in, it charges for 5 seconds then it stays idle at 3-4% available. Then the very low battery warning appears (blue square, white letters). This warning blinks, then goes away alone, and the battery starts to charge for 5 more seconds. Then it stops charging, and the warning comes back again. Since the recurrent warning interrupts my working on the computer, I cannot use it.

I already uninstalled the drivers for the battery, did a cold start without the battery, reinserted it again, and it was fine for a few months. I did this trick now but it no longer helps. I wonder if it is hardware or software issue more likely?

Thanks

:)

Mr. Jack Hill, Aug 13, 2018
  2. simrick Win User

Battery Not Charging

Not sure about ASUS, but I do know that Dell use a chip in their chargers now, to make sure you use an authentic Dell charger. These chips go bad, and your laptop will stop charging or charge at a very slow rate - so slow, that the only way to get the thing charged is to shut it down and leave it plugged in overnight.

And, batteries going bad, will stop charging.

simrick, Aug 13, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Plugged In, Not Charging

Sometimes depending on your Windows 10 Build, your battery will not charge to 100%, this extends the life of your battery . . . plug out the laptop, drain the battery for 10 - 15 minutes, plug it back in and see if it starts to charge the battery

If however, your battery is not charging at all in Windows 10, follow these steps to rectify this issue:

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Aug 13, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent...

Battery Not Charging

That sounds normal. After charging many batteries will not recharge again until they fall under a certain percentage (90 or 95%). This is to make them last longer. Even if you are running on mains power your battery will drain a little each day and will eventually go under the threshold and charge up again.

If you want to be sure it is working as it should, disconnect the power cable, run it on battery until it is 50% or so and then plug it in again.

Thema:

Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent...

1. Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent... - Similar Threads - Battery drained overnight

2. Battery draining overnight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery draining overnight: I installed the latest feature update for windows 10 on the 16/jan/2021 and since then i have noticed the battery on my Lenovo Legion laptop has been draining down to about 7% or less. Yesterday i uninstalled the l uninstalled that update and have not had the problem. My...
  3. my battery is not charging when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery is not charging when plugged in.: My battery is not charging when plugged in. I have an Dell Inspiron R17 N7010, with Windows 10. It runs OK when plugged in, but does not charge the battery....
  4. battery draining overnight when my device is idle

battery draining overnight when my device is idle: I use a hp pavalion 10th gen and when it is idle in the night the battery drains from 100 to 15 or 20, i have tried everything i could do but nothing is happening pls help and tell me what to do...
  5. Flashing battery icon, not charging when plugged in, slow computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing battery icon, not charging when plugged in, slow computer: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and it recently began running very slowly. No internet issues, installed Windows update, cleaned up browser, cookies, start up apps, ran diagnostics, etc. I then called Acer support and they recommended doing a system reset. I did that - twice,...
  6. Battery will not charge when plugged in

Battery will not charge when plugged in: My Lenovo ideapad 120S will not charge when plugged in. It is a brand new computer and I think it may be stuck in shipping mode. I have unplugged it held the power button 90 seconds and still will not work. I have also pressed the reset button and that didn't fix it. Does...
  7. battery charging intermittently

battery charging intermittently: Hello, I have a HP laptop T8S31EA#ABZ and recently my battery has started to abruptly stop charging at variable levels of charge. Keeping it connected to AC, it starts randomly to charge again but only for some minutes and then stops. I followed all the steps suggested...
  8. Battery draining when plugged in

Battery draining when plugged in: I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels. My understanding is that...
  9. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...
  10. Battery Icon shows drain when plugged in but battery settings shows full charge

Battery Icon shows drain when plugged in but battery settings shows full charge: This is a issue with update 1803. With this Spring Creator's Update.. my laptop battery icon in the system tray would suddenly jump from almost fully charged to "27%, plugged in, not charging" while the actual battery status when view in Windows would be between 96% and...