Windows 10: Battery draining generally and during sleep

Discus and support Battery draining generally and during sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sarah Atwa, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Battery draining generally and during sleep

I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery estimates gives me much lower readings than before gives a reading of maximum 5 hours on better battery settings.. This lap top is known for long battery lifeAlso, I have noticed the battery dropped 2 % during shutdown. after performing a sleep study.. the draining was during sleep, the more consumption was SoC subsystem

:)

Sarah Atwa, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Keager Win User

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Battery drains during Sleep/Shutdown

Hi Rahul,

If you are experiencing battery drains during Sleep or Shutdown, we need to check your battery settings and perform a battery saving. There are two related categories that we need to visit. These are the Power & sleep. Follow the steps below:

• Open the Action Center and click System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Choose your desired time for Screen and Sleep.
    • Under Related settings, click Additional power settings.
    • We will be prompted to Power Options' control panel.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • We need to customize our power plan, choose between Balanced (recommended) or
      Power Saver.

Let's proceed with battery saving, battery saver feature is the same kind of tools that can be found in mobile phones and tablets. It is off by default and won't turn on if your device is charging. These are the steps:

• Go to the Action Center and choose System.
    • Click Battery saver.
    • Select Battery saver settings. (Note: Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%, but you can set that higher or lower.)
    • Adjust the Battery saver to your desired percentage.

Using these two processes will definitely improve your battery's life.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Bonzo 76 Win User

Battery draining generally and during sleep

Battery drain in sleep and hibernation

Since a clean installation of Win 10 my laptop battery has begun to completely drain overnight when in sleep or hibernate modes. It is ok when powered off so I suspect the battery is ok.

Any suggestions?

Bonzo 76, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Battery draining generally and during sleep

1. Battery draining generally and during sleep - Similar Threads - Battery draining generally

2. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  3. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  4. Weird battery drain on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird battery drain on sleep: My laptop seems to drain about 40-50% battery overnight on sleep some days.The sleep study reports of my laptop are attached below. The first image is of when the battery got drained and the second image is of the day when it didn't.I'm not able to figure out what is actually...
  5. Weird battery drain on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird battery drain on sleep: My laptop seems to drain about 40-50% battery overnight on sleep some days.The sleep study reports of my laptop are attached below. The first image is of when the battery got drained and the second image is of the day when it didn't.I'm not able to figure out what is actually...
  6. Battery drain during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain during sleep: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running on Windows 10 Home when closing the lid putting it in sleep mode, not hibernation. The problem seems to mainly appear after having it connected to an HDMI device/beamer. The laptop experiences a significant...
  7. Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby)

Excessive battery drain during S0 sleep (modern standby): For my Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (Win 10 20H2 Build 19042.928) I have had issues using hibernation. About 30% of the time, the WiFi device will not work when resuming from hibernation. The device will not even appear in device manager. A reboot is required to make it appear and...
  8. Battery drain during sleep

Battery drain during sleep: I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Laptop, with the Core i5 and 8gb RAM. When I close the lid, putting it into sleep mode, the battery still drains quite a lot. For example, if I leave it in sleep over night, the battery can easily go down by 30% or more. During use, the...
  9. Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night

Laptop drains full battery in sleep mode during the night: This is really putting me at my wits end! I'm not sure what's going on... I've checked the battery and it's functioning normally even took it to a local computer shop he said it's not the battery most likely. I disabled all the apps that can run in the background or come on...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating: I wasn't able to specifically find this item on this forum, but post-build 1511 the Surface Pro 4 has excessive battery drain during sleep (like ~10 percent per hour even with WiFi turned off during sleep). The device also is running "hot" under normal circumstances unlike...