Windows 10: Battery draining overnight

Discus and support Battery draining overnight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed the latest feature update for windows 10 on the 16/jan/2021 and since then i have noticed the battery on my Lenovo Legion laptop has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by loftyone67, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Battery draining overnight

I installed the latest feature update for windows 10 on the 16/jan/2021 and since then i have noticed the battery on my Lenovo Legion laptop has been draining down to about 7% or less. Yesterday i uninstalled the l uninstalled that update and have not had the problem. My question is has anyone had this problem and found a solution, thank you

:)

loftyone67, Jan 26, 2021
  2. ag74 Win User

Battery drains on Surface Pro 4 overnight

Hello,

My battery completely drains overnight most of the times. I ran a tool to analyze what drains the battery but have no idea what to do next. Any help?

The report is available here:
    Battery report

Thanks!

3. drhok Win User
    5800 XpressMusic Battery Drained Overnight

I upgraded my 5800XM (Vodafone Germany) to the new firmware (30.0.011) a few days ago. Since then, I found it twice switched off in the morning with deep-discharged batteries (it took a minute to recognize the charger after plugging it in).

I am positively sure that the battery was more than half full (according to the display) when I put it away the evening before, and that I didn't leave any application running.

I believe that the battery is OK, but it is a problem with the new firmware, because it never happened in the 2 weeks I had the phone before upgrading the firmware. Can anybody confirm such a behaviour?

Maybe the battery is NOT drained overnight, but the battery meter is broken, so it shows me a full battery even though it is almost empty.

Any suggestions?

drhok, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Battery draining overnight

Battery draining overnight: Lumia 640 W10, up to date

Hi,

The battery in my Lumia 640 W10 has started draining fast overnight from a full charge down to around 20%. Battery saver shows Alarm and Clock using 90% which I would expect but not the massive drain. I recently stopped recharging overnight and was expecting
    my phone to hold its charge overnight. I use Cortana Quiet hours from 23.00 till 9.00 so do not expect drain. I also noticed it getting hot on a couple of occasions during day. It doesn't seem to drain as fast during day but maybe not noticeable as having
    to recharge in the morning.

I have had the phone for just over 18 mnths so not sure if battery needs replacing.

Any advice and help appreciated.

Albatross1, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Battery draining overnight

1. Battery draining overnight - Similar Threads - Battery draining overnight

2. battery drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery drain: I have this lenovo Yoga Pro 14s and I am facing some issues with its power. it drains battery when shut down. if i charge it full and then dont use it for two days, it will show me no power left even though i didnt use it and it wasnt in sleep mode. it has windows 10. i tried...
  3. Battery is Draining

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is Draining: Yesterday, when I opened it up, it seemed to drain all its battery.It would also charge in a matter of minutes.The day before that, the battery was fine.Now, the battery can lose 1% in a few seconds. It also shuts down at 30%.This morning, the battery would jump from 100% to...
  4. Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  5. Battery draining

Battery draining: For the last month or so I have had issues with my battery draining. I've reinstalled windows, played with settings, and nothing seems to work. I was reading around the net and determined it may be because of a Windows 10 update. I'm not sure which one would have caused it,...
  6. Draining Battery

Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  7. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...
  8. battery draining overnight when my device is idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery draining overnight when my device is idle: I use a hp pavalion 10th gen and when it is idle in the night the battery drains from 100 to 15 or 20, i have tried everything i could do but nothing is happening pls help and tell me what to do...
  9. After 5/5 updates all laptop batteries are drained overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 5/5 updates all laptop batteries are drained overnight: [ATTACH] I'm finding the all three of my laptops' (two different brands) batteries are empty when I try and use them. They are all charged before nighttime, when I either sleep them or turn them of completely, then store them in their bags. When I turn them on in the...
  10. Battery drain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery drain: Hello. I shut my laptop down with the button start/close (the real one, not the one into the Windows logo at the bottom left) and still drain 13% during night. Is there a real way to actually stop Surface to use battery ? When I spend 2-3 days without using it while...