Windows 10: Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report

Discus and support Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In the past 1 - 1.5 weeks I have noticed that my battery is draining much quicker than it used to. I have a Dell XPS 13 that I bought new in July 2018.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cn96h, Sep 24, 2019.

1. cn96h Win User

Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report

In the past 1 - 1.5 weeks I have noticed that my battery is draining much quicker than it used to. I have a Dell XPS 13 that I bought new in July 2018. My battery, up until a week or so ago, was lasting anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on how much I used it throughout the day, now I am lucky if I make it 2.5 hours on a full charge. My laptop is also getting really hot on the bottom just from typing notes on Microsoft Word. I ran a Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report on my laptop to see what I could find out, but I am not exactly sure what to do from there.

I am not sure if this is the best way to share the report, so if I need to share it another way, please let me know!

Code:
    :)

cn96h, Sep 24, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User

Everything is in the report. There has been an issue with ntoskernel using a log of cycles. Edge also runs in the background for some reason. Make sure in Settings > Privacy > Background there are no apps allowed to run in the background.

Have you ran sfc /scannow?Also fix the sleep time when on battery. Run msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...iagnostic-tool

bro67, Sep 24, 2019
  3. cn96h Win User

In the past 1 - 1.5 weeks I have noticed that my battery is draining much quicker than it used to. I have a Dell XPS 13 that I bought new in July 2018. My battery, up until a week or so ago, was lasting anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on how much I used it throughout the day, now I am lucky if I make it 2.5 hours on a full charge. My laptop is also getting really hot on the bottom just from typing notes on Microsoft Word. I ran a Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report on my laptop to see what I could find out, but I am not exactly sure what to do from there.

I am not sure if this is the best way to share the report, so if I need to share it another way, please let me know!

Code:

cn96h, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report

Battery draining quickly

Just need to ask if someone is experiencing battery drain within a day for the HTC 7 mozart phone.

I just got a new phone, and it is draining battery very quickly.

How can I see if any application or any WiFi or GSP application is utilizing too much CPU that is causing high battery usage?

Irfan.Ahmed, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Battery Draining Quickly - Ran Battery Health Report - Similar Threads - Battery Draining Quickly

2. Battery drains very quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drains very quickly: About a week ago, my laptop's HP ENVY x360 Convertible, Model No. 15-dr1000nx battery started draining very quickly. About 2 minutes after I unplug it, it immediately drops to 94% and then gradually goes down to around 80% within a span 3 minutes and then shuts off. I have...
  3. Battery drains very quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains very quickly: About a week ago, my laptop's HP ENVY x360 Convertible, Model No. 15-dr1000nx battery started draining very quickly. About 2 minutes after I unplug it, it immediately drops to 94% and then gradually goes down to around 80% within a span 3 minutes and then shuts off. I have...
  4. Battery is Draining

Battery is Draining: Yesterday, when I opened it up, it seemed to drain all its battery.It would also charge in a matter of minutes.The day before that, the battery was fine.Now, the battery can lose 1% in a few seconds. It also shuts down at 30%.This morning, the battery would jump from 100% to...
  5. Battery Drain

Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  6. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  7. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?: Hi in my Laptop, Windows 10, I checked the Battery health and got a report.I wonder if anyone can tell what is the battery remaining life at the endingpart of the health report:"Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install...
  8. Battery health report in Windows, what is remaining battery life?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Battery draining

Battery draining: For the last month or so I have had issues with my battery draining. I've reinstalled windows, played with settings, and nothing seems to work. I was reading around the net and determined it may be because of a Windows 10 update. I'm not sure which one would have caused it,...
  10. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...