Windows 10: Battery draining when plugged in

Discus and support Battery draining when plugged in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by the_legendary_hero_stat, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Battery draining when plugged in

I have an Alienware R4 17 Laptop. I've been trying to play games on it, but after a few hours, the laptop decides to start draining and charging the battery by small amounts. The laptop then decides to drop my game performance to unplayable levels.

My understanding is that this is supposed to increase the longevity of the battery. Since my battery is terrible anyway and I really just want to play games at good performance, I don't want it doing this while I'm playing.

Is this a Windows feature or a Dell/Alienware feature?

How do I disable it?

:)

the_legendary_hero_stat, Nov 18, 2019
  2. YoussifC6 Win User

C6 battery drain too fast

i already done this steps still my battery drain too fast hope for other suggestions

YoussifC6, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Keager Win User
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Nov 18, 2019
  4. superjose Win User

Battery draining when plugged in

Failing battery or draining issues?

Bang! Problem solved! I also posted this in Neowin: Do I have a failing battery? Or is a program draining the heck out of it? - Surface Pro 3 - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums

I was suggested to reinstall the drivers. Device Manager didn't expressed any anomalies, but reinstalling the drivers yielded outstanding results. The device now lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. The last hour and 23 minute was with the device playing music in Media Player Classic with the display always-on at 100% brightness and the volume 80%.

Thanks for everything *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

superjose, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Battery draining when plugged in

1. Battery draining when plugged in - Similar Threads - Battery draining plugged

2. battery drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery drain: I have this lenovo Yoga Pro 14s and I am facing some issues with its power. it drains battery when shut down. if i charge it full and then dont use it for two days, it will show me no power left even though i didnt use it and it wasnt in sleep mode. it has windows 10. i tried...
  3. Battery is Draining

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is Draining: Yesterday, when I opened it up, it seemed to drain all its battery.It would also charge in a matter of minutes.The day before that, the battery was fine.Now, the battery can lose 1% in a few seconds. It also shuts down at 30%.This morning, the battery would jump from 100% to...
  4. Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  5. Draining Battery

Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  6. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...
  7. Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining: OK so my problem is this please see above: My laptop says "Plugged In" It doesn't say "Not Charging" or "Laptop Discharging", just "Plugged In" My laptop's battery is not replaceable. i'm using a dell inspiron 15 1700 Troubleshooting power will say there are no issues...
  8. Laptop Battery draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Battery draining while plugged in: I have a Dell Inspirion for about a year. I RARELY use it with just battery power. Today I noticed the battery Icon was not fully charged. I moused over it and it said "95%-plugged in". I shut down the computer and waiting a good 20 minutes and booted it up. I saw that...
  9. Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery drained overnight. Slow and intermittent charging when plugged in with recurrent...: Hello community fellows, This is the third battery in my HP Pavilion Entertainment laptop. The second battery was working well during half a yer, then started with a similar symptom - dried out overnight and did not want to recharge. However, the technician found that it...
  10. Battery Icon shows drain when plugged in but battery settings shows full charge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Icon shows drain when plugged in but battery settings shows full charge: This is a issue with update 1803. With this Spring Creator's Update.. my laptop battery icon in the system tray would suddenly jump from almost fully charged to "27%, plugged in, not charging" while the actual battery status when view in Windows would be between 96% and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i have plugged in my laptop what is draining the battery