Windows 10: Battery drains when laptop is shut down

Discus and support Battery drains when laptop is shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; ASUS Rog Strix III Laptop. Before I start: I have hibernate sleep disabled, Fast start up disabled and I disabled suspended standby I think, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StefanDot, Sep 7, 2021.

1. StefanDot Win User

Battery drains when laptop is shut down

ASUS Rog Strix III Laptop. Before I start: I have hibernate sleep disabled, Fast start up disabled and I disabled suspended standby I think, but I can't find it anymore. Not sure while MS always moves those things around or renames them. Especially when they cause known problems. With these settings the laptop actually worked fine and didn't drain battery when I am on the road and have no place to charge it for a few hours. There are actually some people out there like me who have a laptop because they need a computer that can be on battery for longer periods of time.So recently the battery

:)

StefanDot, Sep 7, 2021

2. Dell Laptop battery drains after shutting down

My dell laptop battery drains after shutting down.Only after removing the battery and placing it again after shutdown stops battery drain.Its getting heated up after shutting down?Why it is not shutting down . I've windows os running in my laptop

Albin David, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

Messerschmitt & W10 tweaker,

I have seen in several threads about your unusual battery drain the suggestion of reinstalling the battery driver. I have never had to do this myself.
    - I do urge you first to disconnect the battery from the computer to get a final confirmation that the drain is only whilst connected.
    - Then use the procedure suggested by nopivnick & Razor Support in delete battery drivers - MSAForum [it's the second post in the set and is dated 15th July 2017].You will notice that nopivnick had other problems, such as varying reports of Design capacity, but nothing else posted detracted from that battery driver replacement procedure.
    I think I have seen similar recommendations in TenForums but I didn't keep any links to those threads.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Keager Win User

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Battery drains when laptop is shut down - Similar Threads - Battery drains laptop

2. lapotp drains when shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lapotp drains when shut down: I have a laptop that drains battery when it is shut down I have tried everything doing a factory reset checking drivers but nothing works, I have another Laptop that is stuck in automatic repair and nothing works that I try with that either...
  3. lapotp drains when shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lapotp drains when shut down: I have a laptop that drains battery when it is shut down I have tried everything doing a factory reset checking drivers but nothing works, I have another Laptop that is stuck in automatic repair and nothing works that I try with that either...
  4. lapotp drains when shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 3520 i7-1255U running Windows 11.I noticed that the battery drains a surprising amount and the underside of the case remains fairly warm when the machine has been shut down. For example, it typically loses 50-80% of its...
  6. Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain

Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 3520 i7-1255U running Windows 11.I noticed that the battery drains a surprising amount and the underside of the case remains fairly warm when the machine has been shut down. For example, it typically loses 50-80% of its...
  7. Lenovo laptop battery drains rapidly on Windows 11 when shut down and not sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop battery drains rapidly on Windows 11 when shut down and not sleeping: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 on my Lenovo ideapad laptop 530S.Since the upgrade, I have noticed that despite selecting shut down to close down my laptop after use that the battery drains much more quickly. When I was using Windows 10, the battery took much longer...
  8. Lenovo laptop battery drains rapidly on Windows 11 when shut down and not sleeping

Lenovo laptop battery drains rapidly on Windows 11 when shut down and not sleeping: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 11 on my Lenovo ideapad laptop 530S.Since the upgrade, I have noticed that despite selecting shut down to close down my laptop after use that the battery drains much more quickly. When I was using Windows 10, the battery took much longer...
  9. Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop: Hi I am facing an issue with my laptop's battery for past few days. After charging it to 100% i use it for 2 hours or so reaching up to 60%. Then I shut down my laptop and reopen it again after sometimes it doesn't turn on until I plug it with the charger with power source...
  10. Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery: About half the time when I shut down my laptop, everything on the screen cycles like every correct shut down and the screen goes dark, but the LED 'on' light stays on and the unit keeps running (without any sound) and eventually drains the battery. I do nothing different than...