Windows 10: Battery Drains While Shutdown

Discus and support Battery Drains While Shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boltonmark, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Battery Drains While Shutdown

Split from this thread.​

I have a 2 month old HP envy. 2 weeks ago after an automatic update, I noticed that my battery is draining completely over night on either sleep or hibernation. Prior to this it was fine.

This seems to be a common problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

:)

boltonmark, Nov 12, 2018

2. Battery drains during Sleep/Shutdown

Hi Rahul,

If you are experiencing battery drains during Sleep or Shutdown, we need to check your battery settings and perform a battery saving. There are two related categories that we need to visit. These are the Power & sleep. Follow the steps below:

• Open the Action Center and click System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Choose your desired time for Screen and Sleep.
    • Under Related settings, click Additional power settings.
    • We will be prompted to Power Options' control panel.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • We need to customize our power plan, choose between Balanced (recommended) or
      Power Saver.

Let's proceed with battery saving, battery saver feature is the same kind of tools that can be found in mobile phones and tablets. It is off by default and won't turn on if your device is charging. These are the steps:

• Go to the Action Center and choose System.
    • Click Battery saver.
    • Select Battery saver settings. (Note: Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%, but you can set that higher or lower.)
    • Adjust the Battery saver to your desired percentage.

Using these two processes will definitely improve your battery's life.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 12, 2018
  3. YoussifC6 Win User
    C6 battery drain too fast

i already done this steps still my battery drain too fast hope for other suggestions

YoussifC6, Nov 12, 2018
  4. superjose Win User

Battery Drains While Shutdown

Failing battery or draining issues?

Bang! Problem solved! I also posted this in Neowin: Do I have a failing battery? Or is a program draining the heck out of it? - Surface Pro 3 - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums

I was suggested to reinstall the drivers. Device Manager didn't expressed any anomalies, but reinstalling the drivers yielded outstanding results. The device now lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. The last hour and 23 minute was with the device playing music in Media Player Classic with the display always-on at 100% brightness and the volume 80%.

Thanks for everything *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

superjose, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Battery Drains While Shutdown

1. Battery Drains While Shutdown - Similar Threads - Battery Drains While

2. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionNote : my laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  3. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionNote : my laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  4. Battery drain in shutdown condition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionmy laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  5. Battery drain in shutdown condition

Battery drain in shutdown condition: I faced a problem with my asus expertbook laptop b1400ceae, when i shutdown the laptop battery drain 2% per hour in condition fast boot off, hibernate off and sleep off and i feel the processor become warm in shutdown conditionmy laptop unit already replaced with a new...
  6. Battery draining after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  7. Battery draining after shutdown

Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  8. Battery drains after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  9. Battery drains after shutdown.

Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  10. Battery drain after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain after shutdown: HP OMEN 15 0023-AMD 7 / newish / all software/FW updated. Battery drains 8% a day after shutdown. There is no csenabled item in regedit!!!!!! Did all the normal stuff like /S shutdown and turned off any fast boot items I could find. Made all functions shut down and not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo windows shut down 10 battery drain

2. envy 13 battery drain

3. battery drain while shutdown

4. battery drains while shutdown surface pro 3,
  5. hp envy battery draining over night,
  6. windows battery drains while shut down,
  7. new win 10 update problem dran battery while turn off,
  8. hp envy 13 ab battery drain