Windows 10: Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.

Discus and support Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop charge drops from 60% to 0% in a second and shuts itself off. My laptop became dramatically unusable in two days.PC manufacturer upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ilayda ergin, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.

My laptop charge drops from 60% to 0% in a second and shuts itself off. My laptop became dramatically unusable in two days.PC manufacturer upgraded my pc to Windows 11 four days ago and I am getting instant charging drops and pc crashes for two days straight.My battery health was on 59% after the upgrade and now it reads 21%. I run a Battery Report via Windows Terminal Admin and results are unnatural.Installed batteriesDESIGN CAPACITY:82.498 mWhFULL CHARGE CAPACITY:17.522 mWhSince OS InstallDESIGN CAPACITY:3:15:08AT FULL CHARGE:0:41:26Detailed troubleshooting informationModel of computerCASP

:)

ilayda ergin, Feb 7, 2023

2. Battery power level 40/80 Windows 11

How can I set the battery power level of my laptop running Windows 11, when plugged in, to a specified range (e.g. 40%-80%) in order to extend the battery power life? I could do that in Windows 10. Thanks.

CarlosJesus3, Feb 7, 2023
  3. I made an update to Windows 11 and now my battery can't charge past 40%.

Hi, thanks for the detailed reply, if none works from the above solution, I suggest doing an in-place upgrade wherein it will upgrade the device to the latest version and repair all issues without deleting any files.

Kindly follow the steps from this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Note: If the issue persists, I suggest contacting a local technician to physically check the device for any hardware-related problems as the battery might be already damaged.

Lester BernardReyes, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.

1. Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help. - Similar Threads - Battery dramatically died

2. Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery dramatically died and now lasts 40 minutes after Windows 11 upgrade. Urgent help.: My laptop charge drops from 60% to 0% in a second and shuts itself off. My laptop became dramatically unusable in two days.PC manufacturer upgraded my pc to Windows 11 four days ago and I am getting instant charging drops and pc crashes for two days straight.My battery health...
  3. I made an update to Windows 11 and now my battery can't charge past 40%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made an update to Windows 11 and now my battery can't charge past 40%.: After the update, while on windows 11, battery can't go past 40%.If I restart to BIOS it charges to 100%If I dual boot to Ubuntu still charges to 100%But once I am back on Windows, can't get past 40%/41% maximum. It gets to that and then charging is just stopped.Attached are...
  4. I made an update to Windows 11 and now my battery can't charge past 40%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made an update to Windows 11 and now my battery can't charge past 40%.: After the update, while on windows 11, battery can't go past 40%.If I restart to BIOS it charges to 100%If I dual boot to Ubuntu still charges to 100%But once I am back on Windows, can't get past 40%/41% maximum. It gets to that and then charging is just stopped.Attached are...
  5. Battery Drain after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Drain after upgrading to Windows 11: My Organization is in the process of testing machines with Windows 11. A number of machines with the same configuration as the lot are experiencing diminished battery performance after the upgrade . We are unsure what the cause is and need help identifying the causes. These...
  6. Battery Drain after upgrading to Windows 11

Battery Drain after upgrading to Windows 11: My Organization is in the process of testing machines with Windows 11. A number of machines with the same configuration as the lot are experiencing diminished battery performance after the upgrade . We are unsure what the cause is and need help identifying the causes. These...
  7. Battery power level 40/80 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery power level 40/80 Windows 11: How can I set the battery power level of my laptop running Windows 11, when plugged in, to a specified range e.g. 40%-80% in order to extend the battery power life? I could do that in Windows 10. Thanks....
  8. Battery power level 40/80 Windows 11

Battery power level 40/80 Windows 11: How can I set the battery power level of my laptop running Windows 11, when plugged in, to a specified range e.g. 40%-80% in order to extend the battery power life? I could do that in Windows 10. Thanks....
  9. I NEED HELP URGENT PC HELP NOW HELP PLEASE URGENT PLEASE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I NEED HELP URGENT PC HELP NOW HELP PLEASE URGENT PLEASE: MY PC KEEPS SPAMMING NUMBER 1 AFTER DOWNLOADING WINDOWS 10 PHONE EMULATOR AND I TURNED OFF AND ON NOW I CANT LOGIN I BADLY NEED HELP URGENT ITS NOT KEYBOARD...
  10. Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after 20 - 40 minutes after starting: Recently, my computer has been freezing up. Whenever this happens, all open programs refuse to respond, I cannot open any other files/folders/ etc., and I cannot use anything on the task bar, however I can still move my mouse. If I play a game and have a few firefox or egde...