Windows 10: Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11

Discus and support Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last Thursday a notification popped up on my HP laptop that Windows 11 was available for for that machine, so last Friday I did the update from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martin Honnen, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11

Last Thursday a notification popped up on my HP laptop that Windows 11 was available for for that machine, so last Friday I did the update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I haven't noticed any negative effect but one important for a laptop: it seems the battery duration has been drastically reduced, it appears the battery is being drained twice as fast with Windows 11 compared to Windows 10 on that laptop. For instance, this morning it went from 58% at 07:07 to38% at 08:17.I don't have an idea what could be causing this and how to remedy this other than going back to Windows 10.Any ideas?Any

:)

Martin Honnen, Oct 28, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 28, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 28, 2021
Thema:

Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11

1. Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Battery duration affected

2. Report All Windows Updates Phases Durations and Boot Duration after Windows Update ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report All Windows Updates Phases Durations and Boot Duration after Windows Update ?: Hi Community I would like to know if there is an App, a Tool or a Service able to report/monitor the duration of a KB install / Windows Update on all the devices in a network/enterprise ? Reporting the duration of the silent install, the time of the boot after the pre...
  3. Report All Windows Updates Phases Durations and Boot Duration after Windows Update ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Report All Windows Updates Phases Durations and Boot Duration after Windows Update ?: Hi Community I would like to know if there is an App, a Tool or a Service able to report/monitor the duration of a KB install / Windows Update on all the devices in a network/enterprise ? Reporting the duration of the silent install, the time of the boot after the pre...
  4. Report All Windows Updates Phases Durations and Boot Duration after Windows Update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10: Greetings, I have troubles with the Windows 10 system upgrading to Windows 11. I just updated to Windows 11 on my laptop LENOVO IdeaPad 3 14IML05 from Windows 10. Several days after the update, I have encountered a number of issues, but the battery life issue is the most...
  6. Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10

Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10: Greetings, I have troubles with the Windows 10 system upgrading to Windows 11. I just updated to Windows 11 on my laptop LENOVO IdeaPad 3 14IML05 from Windows 10. Several days after the update, I have encountered a number of issues, but the battery life issue is the most...
  7. windows 11 free upgrade duration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 free upgrade duration: Hi,I recently upgraded to windows 11 but because I had a headphone adapter that didn't work and because Valorant wouldn't work for me in windows 11 without me having to access my computer BIOS, I returned to Windows 10. In my 'Settings->Update & Security->Windows Update', I...
  8. windows 11 free upgrade duration

windows 11 free upgrade duration: Hi,I recently upgraded to windows 11 but because I had a headphone adapter that didn't work and because Valorant wouldn't work for me in windows 11 without me having to access my computer BIOS, I returned to Windows 10. In my 'Settings->Update & Security->Windows Update', I...
  9. windows 11 free upgrade duration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery duration affected by update from Windows 10 to Windows 11: Last Thursday a notification popped up on my HP laptop that Windows 11 was available for for that machine, so last Friday I did the update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I haven't noticed any negative effect but one important for a laptop: it seems the battery duration has...