Windows 10: Battery estimate not shown

Discus and support Battery estimate not shown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yet another case when someone decides for me what I need and what I do not. Suddenly they disabled battery life estimate. "you see it is just an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zigmunds Steins, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Battery estimate not shown

Yet another case when someone decides for me what I need and what I do not. Suddenly they disabled battery life estimate. "you see it is just an estimate."

A pretty accurate estimate, Big Bro, and much better than my guess! And, if I do not need it, there is an option to turn it off!

When will Big Bro stop treating me as if I was a kid although some kids may even be smarter than me as far as IT is concerned and how do I turn the estimate on?

:)

Zigmunds Steins, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like you to know that the battery estimate report is generated as per the sensors that are present within the laptop to sense the battery. It could be an issue with the sensor and that could be the reason you are receiving a false estimate.

I suggest you to try updating the battery drivers, generate a report and see if that makes any difference. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. The ACPI driver is responsible for the power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the laptop manufacturer and have a check with the battery and the battery sensor.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 7, 2020
  3. windows phone battery saver app unsual calibration of estimated time remaining

As the battery saver app is provided to extended battery life, but when I put the phone to battery saver mode the estimated time remaining initally shown is increased one, but as soon as i exit the app come after sometime to the app the time remaining shown
    is the time before putting the phone to battery saver mode, again when I turn off the battery saver mode the estimated time shown is increased one ( the time when i put the phone to battery saver mode).What is the problem actually? or its just normal.

AmarPatel21, Sep 7, 2020
  4. NSwit21 Win User

Battery estimate not shown

Battery estimation

I recently viewed my battery life estimation, and it read as follows: "14% - 1 Day, 14 Hours remaining." Come on, Microsoft. We all know that's impossible. If my computer survives on 14% battery for an entire 24 hour period and then some, I'll eat my shorts.

NSwit21, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Battery estimate not shown

1. Battery estimate not shown - Similar Threads - Battery estimate shown

2. Battery Percentage estimate does not change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage estimate does not change: When I use my computer and mouse over the battery icon in the statusbar to see the percentage I have left, it does not change even though it should with use.I can force my computer to give me a new estimation if I turn on and off battery-saver in the notification center...
  3. Battery Percentage estimate does not change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage estimate does not change: When I use my computer and mouse over the battery icon in the statusbar to see the percentage I have left, it does not change even though it should with use.I can force my computer to give me a new estimation if I turn on and off battery-saver in the notification center...
  4. Battery Percentage estimate does not change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  6. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  7. Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time: I have a Windows 11 OS on my laptop. Previously, my laptop battery was not working. I had to replace it.Now, I have replaced it but I find that the estimated time for the battery on the taskbar is not shown. If I open the settings, then it will show...Please help....
  8. Incorrect battery estimate time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect battery estimate time: Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong. Please help me in resolving this....
  9. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery is showing wrong estimate and time: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I need help to solve this issue please i could not use my PC thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-showing-wrong-estimate-and-time/eb5b6721-c69f-4ab1-aec2-c5358bcae5aa
  10. Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available: Hello, I have a false battery life estimate within the battery report generated by powercfg. I believe this is preventing me from getting a battery remaining estimate. Is there a way to clear this false statistic? 2019-05-24 - 2019-05-31 321113:42:33 0:00:01 5760000 % /...