Windows 10: battery expanding

Discus and support battery expanding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; sony vaio ultrabook: will only charge to 100% which is not good for battery. my asus ROG can set charging to 80%, 60%, $5, so on. both are running win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveSeverin, Jan 17, 2021.

1. battery expanding

sony vaio ultrabook: will only charge to 100% which is not good for battery. my asus ROG can set charging to 80%, 60%, $5, so on. both are running win 10 My batt will explode soon but am trying to get info of of drive. not sure if it will boot again so i am leaving it plugged in. is there a setting i am missing? please help

steve

:)

SteveSeverin, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery expanding pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 17, 2021
  4. battery expanding

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

battery expanding pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

battery expanding

1. battery expanding - Similar Threads - battery expanding

2. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  3. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  4. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?: I have had an XPS 15 for almost exactly a year, and I was noticing that my estimated battery life was also around 2 hours even when fully charged, screen at minimum brightness, doing basic tasks. I checked my battery report. For some reason I cannot attach a image, but the...
  6. Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?

Why is my battery capacity so low compared to its intended capacity?: I have had an XPS 15 for almost exactly a year, and I was noticing that my estimated battery life was also around 2 hours even when fully charged, screen at minimum brightness, doing basic tasks. I checked my battery report. For some reason I cannot attach a image, but the...
  7. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  8. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  9. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?

screen saver good or bad for battery in ASUS laptop?: hi,I have an OLED ASUS laptop. ASUS recommends turn on the screen saver to protect the screen from burn in. Windows recommend to turn off screen saver to save battery/power. I have searched and turning on screen saver is not good for the battery. Turn screen savor on or off?...