Windows 10: battery for laptop

Discus and support battery for laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I never use my laptop battery (as far as I know) - I just have it plugged in to a power source. I keep getting messages that my battery is low and to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by soniawarner1, Jul 8, 2019.

1. battery for laptop

I never use my laptop battery (as far as I know) - I just have it plugged in to a power source. I keep getting messages that my battery is low and to plug it in. It is ALWAY:S plugged in. My question is : Is it necessary to have a battery as it is ALWAYS plugged in? If it is necessary then can it be recharged some other way or does it need to be replaced? Surely it should work without a battery as long as it is plugged in. It has been shutting down because of this problem and I can't start up again unless I wait for hours to get back on line.

:)

soniawarner1, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 8, 2019
  4. battery for laptop

Laptop Startup on Battery Failure

Did quick search and found a few hits.

One HP forum suggested calibrating battery. This procedure may not be the one for your laptop so you could research the steps for your device. HP forums would likely be the best place as it is specific to HP. That said huge amount of knowledge and equipment on this forum. Maybe a new thread with the known issue could bring in answers.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

battery for laptop

1. battery for laptop - Similar Threads - battery laptop

2. laptop should be used in battery or plugged in (electricty) for better life of laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop should be used in battery or plugged in (electricty) for better life of laptop: my battery is full now so shall I unplugged my laptop from electricity and use on battery or shall I keep using it on electricity. If I use longer time on electricity and doesn't allow my battery to discharge then will it degrade my laptop's battery life...
  3. New Laptop won't charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop won't charge battery: My brand new out of the box ASUS laptop shows 0% battery (not charging). This model ASUS has a non-removable battery. I checked the drivers and all seem up to date. Is this a known problem and is there a windows software fix for it?...
  4. Battery charging on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery charging on my laptop: I have an Asus vivo Pro laptop, and, yet AGAIN, after another windows update, I find myself looking for solutions for a battery net charging to 100 percent issue. Please Microsoft, stop screwing with my battery level settings or I will buy an Apple product. Windows 10 Sucks...
  5. Lost drivers after format of laptop (battery, wifi)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost drivers after format of laptop (battery, wifi): I got a new laptop as a gift, an AIWO 737A2 noteebook and I did a clean install of windows 1903. I lost all drivers and couldnt connect to Wifi. I tried to download them, but there is no a website from aiwo to download files. I bought a new usb wifi device and I connected my...
  6. I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%

I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%: I set it in the power settings for it to shut down on low battery at 5% but it isn't working and it shuts down at 1%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-laptop-set-to-shut-down-at-5-battery/7eff12ed-d2e8-4a57-8c0e-255f74bf02d6
  7. A month old laptop, battery worn out too much

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A month old laptop, battery worn out too much: So just today I saw some posts about protecting laptop's battery, and I did a check by using powercfg /batteryreport to see how much my battery has worn out, and the result is weird. The full charge capacity is almost only 50% of the designed battery. It doesn't make any...
  8. Battery drain on HP Spectre laptop

Battery drain on HP Spectre laptop: I have an HP Spectre laptop. The battery drains at least 20-25% when it is turned off. I have changed settings in the display brightness, closed programs that I am not using, etc.. Can you give me some other options to repair this? Windows 10 uodates are up to date....
  9. Battery issues in Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issues in Laptop: My battery is well-charged and works fine when power cord is not plugged in. But when I use my laptop with the power cord plugged in, I get a quick message that the battery is low then immediately shuts down my computer. When that happens, I unplug my power cord and reboot...
  10. why isn't my color setting apply to my laptop when its on battery.

why isn't my color setting apply to my laptop when its on battery.: For my personal preference, I adjust the color configuration on the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. I managed to reduced the contrast and gamma to get my eyes comfortable when I am plugged in. Somehow when I am on the battery, it looks like the color setting just goes back...