Windows 10: Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a...

Discus and support Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previously I accidentally deleted a partition in my C drive, and went through a ton of trouble before finally I managed to reformat my laptop back to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by troublesome battery, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a...

Previously I accidentally deleted a partition in my C drive, and went through a ton of trouble before finally I managed to reformat my laptop back to a usable version. Since the very first formatting, battery life has been noticeably shorter, previously about 5 hours to less than 2 hours. Now, after the third and most successful reformatting, the battery is fluctuating like crazy, so I generated a battery report as shown:

REPORT TIME2020-11-0904:11:46

Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a... a72676ff-0639-4d16-a36d-4031b58f02d3?upload=true.png

Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a... b22cd932-b893-4383-aec6-584b4769e741?upload=true.png

that period of suspension between 1.44 and 2.51 is when the reformat happened. Somehow, through the reset, more than 70% of my battery capacity disappeared, and now it is at a about 7% of design capacity, after 399 cycles. I feel that there must be a problem somewhere. What can I do to resolve this? I read an article that proposes the battery drivers are causing this, so I have looked for updates in Device Manager, and even uninstalled them before restarting my laptop. The problem persists.

:)

troublesome battery, Nov 8, 2020

2. Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Repeat the steps Dave suggest you other three times.

Also you can uninstall and reinstall battery from device manager before each charge. You can do that:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Battery"

4. Right click on your battery

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each element on battery list

7. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 8, 2020
  3. vinay_45 Win User
    Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Sure! I'll do the steps again for 3 times. I'll reply with the result.

Thanks!! Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a... :)

vinay_45, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a...

Battery FULL CHARGE CAPACITY Reset

Yves,

"Full charge capacity" means the capacity that the battery is managing to achieve. It is not a limit set by Windows or anything else; it is merely a reading of what the battery can actually do. You can use the comparison of Full charge capacity with Design
    capacity to decide when to buy a replacement battery [I do the same regularly].

Full charge capacity will always decrease over time as the battery wears out. This is a chemical phenomenon not a Windows-imposed characteristic.

Windows display of "Fully charged [100%]" means - the battery is currently at 100% of what it is able to achieve. In other words, "Fully charged [100%]" is relative to Full charge capacity.

Sometimes, you can find that cycling through the battery three times** can improve the Full charge capacity a bit.
    On at least one of my batteries, the maker recommends doing this every three months. But doing so is using up even more of its remaining life so you can complete this procedure only to find that you are worse off afterwards.

** In other words, loop through this three times -

• remove the AC power
    • use up the whole charge by using the computer
    • recharge fully

Denis

Tryx3, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a...

1. Battery full charge capacity suddenly decreased. Is there a way to manually force a... - Similar Threads - Battery full charge

2. Battery capacity suddenly decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery capacity suddenly decreasing: Please can someone help me? My hp omen 15 laptop battery capacity is running down for no reason. I do not understand why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-capacity-suddenly-decreasing/85ae55fb-bbdc-4aa4-a5ba-3bd6135796ab
  3. Battery capacity suddenly decreasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery capacity suddenly decreasing: Please can someone help me? My hp omen 15 laptop battery capacity is running down for no reason. I do not understand why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-capacity-suddenly-decreasing/85ae55fb-bbdc-4aa4-a5ba-3bd6135796ab
  4. Battery capacity suddenly decreasing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Battery full charge capacity decreased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery full charge capacity decreased?: As you can probably see from the above image, my battery's full charge capacity has been decreased. Even though I just bought this laptop like 3 months ago, the laptops full charge capacity has been decreased by a huge amount like 5000mWh. I don't know what is causing this I...
  6. Battery full charge capacity decreased?

Battery full charge capacity decreased?: As you can probably see from the above image, my battery's full charge capacity has been decreased. Even though I just bought this laptop like 3 months ago, the laptops full charge capacity has been decreased by a huge amount like 5000mWh. I don't know what is causing this I...
  7. Battery full charge capacity is decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery full charge capacity is decreasing: Hello there,There is already a question in Microsoft forum but I can't reply it because it's locked: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-charge-capacity-is-decreasing-very-rapidly/396d28dd-a83a-40b5-bd7a-3f53b9cdff93My issue is very similiar, the only...
  8. Battery full charge capacity is decreasing

Battery full charge capacity is decreasing: Hello there,There is already a question in Microsoft forum but I can't reply it because it's locked: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-charge-capacity-is-decreasing-very-rapidly/396d28dd-a83a-40b5-bd7a-3f53b9cdff93My issue is very similiar, the only...
  9. Battery full charge capacity is decreasing

10. Full charge capacity of battery decreased

Full charge capacity of battery decreased: When I generated a battery report from cmd, I got this [ATTACH] Full charge capacity of battery reduced drastically over a month's time. Is this the problem of OS or the battery has reached its end of life?...