Windows 10: Battery icon disappears after every reboot

Discus and support Battery icon disappears after every reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some time not sure when it first started, so no clue what could have triggered this, every time I restart my laptop the battery icon is missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SometimesTimothy, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Battery icon disappears after every reboot

For some time not sure when it first started, so no clue what could have triggered this, every time I restart my laptop the battery icon is missing.

As a result the power control options such as when to go to sleep etc. don't take effect and battery will run down to zero without warning.

I can get the icon to appear by opening device manager and searching for hardware changes on the battery, but the fix is only temporary and the icon is gone again when next reboots.

Laptop is running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Have just reinstalled windows

Check notification settings, but the battery icon is greyed out until the device manage trick

Also tried Setting "Remove the battery meter" to 'Disabled' in Local Group Policy Editor.

But none of these has helped.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

:)

SometimesTimothy, Jun 7, 2020

2. Battery life icon disappeared

How do I get my battery life icon back....it just disappeared and when I go into notification and settings it says "no notification for battery life right now" Any suggestions?

BrendaPrytula, Jun 7, 2020
  3. AlanBundy Win User
    Battery Icon Disappears

My wife runs Win10 on an HP Pavilion g6. Sometimes the battery icon on the taskbar disappears. It's not in the hidden icons either. Rebooting will sometimes bring it back. I can't find any options in either settings or the control panel which will do so.
    I don't have this problem on any of the 3 Win10 machines I own. What can I do to stop this happening or, failing that, how can I cure it without resorting to a reboot?

AlanBundy, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Battery icon disappears after every reboot

battery icon disappear

how to show the battery icon on the taskbar? it suddenly disappear from the taskbar.

someone905, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Battery icon disappears after every reboot

1. Battery icon disappears after every reboot - Similar Threads - Battery icon disappears

2. battery icon disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery icon disappearing: Stop making my battery icon disappear. I do not want to know how to re-install it. I know how to do it. I want to stop it disappearing after I have re-installed it. I am getting sick and tired of this. Why is it only this icon affected? There are several that appear that I...
  3. battery icon disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery icon disappearing: Stop making my battery icon disappear. I do not want to know how to re-install it. I know how to do it. I want to stop it disappearing after I have re-installed it. I am getting sick and tired of this. Why is it only this icon affected? There are several that appear that I...
  4. battery icon disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. battery icon disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery icon disappearing: Why is this the only icon so affected? Why on earth is never fixed in the updates? It is one of the most useful icons so stop making it disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-disappearing/d388fa66-7157-47bf-8e46-e822368b03c5
  6. battery icon disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery icon disappearing: Why is this the only icon so affected? Why on earth is never fixed in the updates? It is one of the most useful icons so stop making it disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-disappearing/d388fa66-7157-47bf-8e46-e822368b03c5
  7. battery icon disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Battery icons sometimes disappear

Battery icons sometimes disappear: I have laptop that running Windows 10 1909. When im turn on the laptop, sometimes the battery icons is gone. I already turn off battery icons, and then turning it on again, but nothing happen....
  9. battery icon disappear

battery icon disappear: how to show the battery icon on the taskbar? it suddenly disappear from the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-disappear/b55f7f70-989f-47b7-bfb8-6508a5db24aa
  10. Battery Icon keep disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Icon keep disappearing: Hi, Im having a problem where my battery icon keep disappearing in my taskbar every time i open my laptop lid which was on sleep mode. I`ve tried to restart windows explorer in task manager which worked temporary....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery disappear from taskbar everytime i restart windows