Windows 10: Battery Icon gone from Taskbar on Win10, HP Envy Laptop

Discus and support Battery Icon gone from Taskbar on Win10, HP Envy Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This happened sometime recently, a few weeks ago. The battery icon just simply disappeared from my taskbar, and the settings to make it appear do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WEHarrison, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Battery Icon gone from Taskbar on Win10, HP Envy Laptop

This happened sometime recently, a few weeks ago. The battery icon just simply disappeared from my taskbar, and the settings to make it appear do not change this. I looked at the following:

Under Settings->Battery, it says, "no notifications for battery life right now"
    Under Settings->Taskbar->"Select which icons appear on the taskbar", "Power" is on (but displays a blank blue box, no icon)

I saw another forum answer that recommended going to Device Manager->Batteries and uninstalling all items under this. That sounds dangerous to me, not sure I feel comfortable doing this. What's there right now are these, both of which show "Device migrated" on 09-Feb-19, under "Events":

Microsoft AC Adapter

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

This is the approximate date when my icon disappeared, and is the date of my last Windows update. Please tell me it's okay to go ahead an uninstall these two adapters, or give me another solution.

Here are my system details:

Windows 10 Home Version 1809

OS build 17763.379

HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible

Intel i7-6500U CPU, x64

8 GB Ram

Thank you.

:)

WEHarrison, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Mar 17, 2019
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    HP Laptop battery ?

I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual.
    I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store.

I use this more as desktop than a laptop and am trying to find out if leaving it plugged in all the time will ruin the battery. Googling the situation gave me both "yes" and "no" answers - God Bless Google - Battery Icon gone from Taskbar on Win10, HP Envy Laptop :)

I had an older HP laptop, with a battery that snapped in/out and was told not to leave the battery in if it was plugged in all the time - I didn't and all is well

I have a Surface Pro 3 - which has been plugged in since I got it over 2 years ago - all is well with this too.

Now I'm back to the HP ENVY - anybody know if leaving it plugged in will screw up the battery?

4. Battery Icon gone from Taskbar on Win10, HP Envy Laptop

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Battery Icon gone from Taskbar on Win10, HP Envy Laptop

1. Battery Icon gone from Taskbar on Win10, HP Envy Laptop - Similar Threads - Battery Icon gone

2. The battery icon on the taskbar is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    The battery icon on the taskbar is gone: My battery icon has gone missing for some reason, I can't turn it on either as you can see in the picture. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-icon-on-the-taskbar-is-gone/16ecac25-fc3f-40c3-8f5a-0cd8f81dda91
  3. hp envy laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  4. battery icon gone from taskbar

battery icon gone from taskbar: Hello, My battery icon that used to be on my taskbar is gone. I already tried going to taskbar settings > notification area > and turning on the power icon.It is turned on but I still don't have the icon. Does anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it ?...
  5. Power options gone from battery icon - Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power options gone from battery icon - Laptop: [ATTACH] Hi guys, Recently my power options have disappeared from my battery icon. I am talking about the slider that is usually there that gives the user the ability to quickly choose between power saver, balanced, and high performance. I still have access to these...
  6. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  7. Why is my Battery Icon gone from Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is my Battery Icon gone from Taskbar?: A couple weeks ago, that Feature Update 1903 Automatically installed which took all day. Now the Battery Icon is missing on my Task Bar. About every 3 months or so, that Battery Icon will be dropping and I would need to reset my Power Strip to get it to charge back up. Now...
  8. HP Envy battery not working properly

HP Envy battery not working properly: My battery in my HP Envy runs out in about half an hour and turns off at about 30% until I plug it in again. I've tried playing around with battery saving settings but none of them work, is there anything else I can do or should I just try replacing the battery? Thanks!...
  9. Battery icon disappeared from taskbar

Battery icon disappeared from taskbar: My battery icon has gone and when I go to taskbar settings , the icon for Dell audio is showing as battery ??? Can anyone explain or help please? Thankyou...
  10. win10: battery icon disappeared from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    win10: battery icon disappeared from taskbar: hi all, ...and not only! if I go to the taskbar settings, I see the battery related "switch" as grey and disabled! see my picture attached how can I do? thanks, bye michele 88288

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where is the on screen battery icon on hp envy

2. microsoft acpi compliant control cut off power HP

3. where is the battery symbol on my HP Envy?

4. where did my battery icon go on my hp envy,
  5. showing battery on taskbar hp envy