Windows 10: Battery icon, % remaining

Discus and support Battery icon, % remaining in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I put windows 10 on my tablet, and I have the battery icon in the notification area. If I tap it when the charger is plugged in, it will pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markweatherill, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Battery icon, % remaining

Hi,

I put windows 10 on my tablet, and I have the battery icon in the notification area.
    If I tap it when the charger is plugged in, it will pop up a percentage and 'time remaining until fully charged'.
    If I tap it when it isn't charging, the icon background changes as if it registered the tap, but nothing is displayed.
    I would expect to see something like battery remaining, in percentage and time.
    Is this normal?

:)

markweatherill, Sep 4, 2015

2. battery settings

how can i set the battery remaining time while dragging the arrow on the battery icon?

SATISHGINJALA, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Battery time remaining not showing since updating Windows 10 1709 to Build 16299.98

Before the update my HP ProBook 450 G4 with Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.64 was only showing the battery remaining time and available power percentage when I hover the mouse cursor on the battery icon on the system tray. After updating to Build 16299.98 on
    November last yer, the battery time remaining stopped showing on the pop up that displays after clicking the battery icon and when I hover the mouse cursor over the icon. It only displayed the percentage of the battery remaining. Since that update the remaining
    battery time has not been showing, it only displays the time to full charge. The BIOS of my laptop does not have the option to enable battery remaining time like in HP Spectre laptops. Please help me identify the cause of this bug and ask Microsoft to fix
    it if it is a bug within Windows 10

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

TonyThuitai, Sep 4, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Battery icon, % remaining

It is normal if you had it off of power and used it on battery. Sometimes you will get that when Windows is calibrating the battery and OS.

bro67, Sep 4, 2015
  5. I should have looked in the tutorials first! Found the answer and now using the 'old style' battery meter.

markweatherill, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Battery icon, % remaining

1. Battery icon, % remaining - Similar Threads - Battery icon remaining

2. Battery remains at 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery remains at 80%: HelloMy battery used to charge at 100%. Few days age, I noticed it dropped to 80% and remains unchanged. Also the adaptor signal light on the laptop disappear. So, I did the following:1. I updated Microsoft ACPI2. I uninstalled adapter and reboot the system3. I extracted...
  3. Battery remains at 80%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery remains at 80%: HelloMy battery used to charge at 100%. Few days age, I noticed it dropped to 80% and remains unchanged. Also the adaptor signal light on the laptop disappear. So, I did the following:1. I updated Microsoft ACPI2. I uninstalled adapter and reboot the system3. I extracted...
  4. Battery time remaining does not show.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery time remaining does not show.: Even going to the settings does not show the time remaining. It shows the time to be fully charged only.I have an HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5The system is also fully updated....
  5. Battery 0% remaining

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery 0% remaining: Guys Hello I'm David and im using a laptop HP Notebook - 14-bs559tu and the battery of it was replaced with new just a year ago and it was having some issues as such Battery Error 601 and i fix by watching some youtube tech tips and how fixing it and this error was being like...
  6. Battery 0% remaining

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery 0% remaining: Guys Hello I'm David and im using a laptop HP Notebook - 14-bs559tu and the battery of it was replaced with new just a year ago and it was having some issues as such Battery Error 601 and i fix by watching some youtube tech tips and how fixing it and this error was being like...
  7. Battery 0% remaining

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Battery unknown remaining

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery unknown remaining: About a week ago, my laptop started to stop showing the remaining battery and instead showed "Unknown remaining". It would shut down all of a sudden although I did charge overnight, and was only turned on when I plugged in the charger. However, when it is plugged in it showed...
  9. Battery not detected (Unknown remaining)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not detected (Unknown remaining): Good day, I'm having battery problems on my Sager NP8372. First, the battery icon on the taskbar suddenly switches back and forth from the default battery icon to “no battery detected” icon and changes my brightness setting. It just happens intermittently, and I don’t know...
  10. No battery time remaining

in Windows 10 Customization
    No battery time remaining: Hi, I looked on the internet a way to see the time remaining on my battery before it becomes empty but I didn't found anything useful. The only thing it shows me is the remaining time before it becomes fully charged. I currently have a Acer Spin 5 with Windows 10 Home. I...