Windows 10: Battery icon showing wrong percentage

Discus and support Battery icon showing wrong percentage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed win10 v1803 directly on my brand new laptop 'HP 15q-bu038tu' Laptop came with freedos, no os was pre-installed, Battery Icon is showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhishek Gosai, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Battery icon showing wrong percentage

I installed win10 v1803 directly on my brand new laptop 'HP 15q-bu038tu'

Laptop came with freedos, no os was pre-installed,

Battery Icon is showing wrong percentage , i.e. it always shows 1% less than real as shown in screenshot

Battery icon showing wrong percentage 87609dfd-8171-472a-b087-7d0d7c2f8706?upload=true.png

:)

Abhishek Gosai, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Kai Ponte Win User

how to show battery percentage

I've been searching and looking at the settings. Isn't there a way to show the battery percentage on the status bar at the top of the screen? Seems obvious this should be present but I can't find it.

Here's what I found in a search - a very old request - https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/.../3543458-battery-percentage-at-the-status-bar

Here's what I mean - In the picture below, you see my home screen. The battery percentage is not shown. I see a somewhat descriptive icon of a bettery, but would like to see the percentage.

Battery icon showing wrong percentage d1bb5f5e-9cc0-480a-b185-4a27ed287646.png

In order to see percentage, I have to actively swipe down as in the picture below -

Battery icon showing wrong percentage a0bf7f86-f08f-4ff5-920f-740cfbb0a0a6.png

By comparison, here's the home screen on my older Android-based screen. You can see the percentage of the battery next to the icon.

I'm assuming iOS does this also -

Battery icon showing wrong percentage 97c67c1c-b9db-471a-834a-43f910e29181.png

Ideas?

TIA!

Kai Ponte, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Jyabor91 Win User
    The Battery Icon is showing the wrong battery percentage level on windows 10.

Hi, I am having the same issue. I also am on the Windows 10 Creators Update (Build 16215). I tried both steps, and while they are a band-aid, they do not fix this issue. I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 if that helps at all. When I follow those steps, it corrects the
    battery percentage, but only for that instance. It still does not work correctly after that.

Jyabor91, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Battery icon showing wrong percentage

The Battery Icon is showing the wrong battery percentage level on windows 10.

For me works only connecting or unpluging a charger. It shows an actual battery percentage and then it gets stack again.

CutoffMedusa836, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Battery icon showing wrong percentage

1. Battery icon showing wrong percentage - Similar Threads - Battery icon showing

2. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  3. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  4. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing: Even though when I plug in my laptop it shows me that it's plugged in , it still doesn't charge. It also doesn't show me estimated time until fully charged. What can I do to fix this?...
  6. PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue: I am using a HP Notebook model "hp 15-bs1xx" , but I am experiencing a issue there. I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.836. Window shows that 16% battery is remaining but after few seconds it automatically shutdown without any battery low warning. And also,...
  7. Wrong display of Battery percentage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wrong display of Battery percentage in Windows 10: I recently noted that my laptop's charging indicator light is not turning white as it does when its fully charged so I opened it and saw that the battery wont charged full above 87%. Today it got more complicated as it shows 0% after 2 hours of charging while I am typing...
  8. Battery Percentage not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Percentage not showing: I have Windows 10 Home edition. It do not show the battery percentage. I enabled it using Device Manager. But when i shut down and turn on the laptop I need to enable it again. In Taskbar Settings Power icon is enabled. What can I do about this?...
  9. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17
  10. Battery percentage showing wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery percentage showing wrong.: When ever i hover over my pointer on my battery icon it's shows 1% extra than it's actual battery percentage. I also try to uninstall the battery drivers but still facing issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my neewlaptop showing wrong battery percentage