Windows 10: Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging

Discus and support Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting some odds messages: 1. USB charger is connected to my Laptop and it is charging the battery, however, I received a message "PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShaiBen Natan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging

Hi,

I am getting some odds messages:

1. USB charger is connected to my Laptop and it is charging the battery, however, I received a message "PC is not charging". I got this message and then restarted my laptop.

2. After restarted I have plugged the charger again and received a different message - PC is not charging. Now, again, it is charging.

I have Lenovo L380 Yoga and it is brand new - 3 weeks old.

What should I do? I am again keeping getting the message it is not charging but it is after all charging. Please assist.

Thanks,

Shai

:)

ShaiBen Natan, Jan 25, 2019
  2. curt jugg Win User

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Jan 25, 2019
  3. battery charge bug

cheers mate, ive just treid that , my battery was fully charged so will see what happens when its down to around 9% and i plug in the charger...odd thing is i noted the driver for this application to be dated 20-06-2013, after deleting/unistalling it reinsatlled drivers dated 21-06-2006...tried to update but says i have latest installed...will wait to see what happens..ta

ok update, tried what was suggested but didnt work...still shows same message when plugged in to charge battery..

goofy gorilla, Jan 25, 2019
  4. clayto Win User

Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging

Battery charging advice

When the battery is fully charged is it necessary to switch the AC charge off? I have had contradictory advice on this, and now due to a charging / battery issue with my 2-in-1 Tablet PC I need to know. If I do turn AC off I usually (not always) find I cannot switch charging back on. For charging to restart I have to Shutdown. Restarting the PC does not cause charging to start again. It can be that at the point charging is required, it is at the least inconvenient to Shutdown. If I have to, so be it, but it would be better if I can leave AC switched on. What usually happens then is when the charge drops to some point around 70% to 80% it starts charging again, automatically.

A related question, is it normal not to be able to run the PC from the AC when the battery charge has fallen to 0%? Or maybe this can be done if the battery is removed, but if so it is not of use to me as my Tablet PC, in common with others, is not easy to open

clayto, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging

1. Battery in charging but getting a message PC is not charging - Similar Threads - Battery charging getting

2. Pc battery Charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc battery Charging: Can Anybody help me?I am using laptop since 2 years, on this year I used it heavy for my online classes. So my questions is my laptop battery is not good as I think, I need to get opinion should I replace my battery?When I charge to 100% my laptop shows it only work for 13...
  3. Battery is not charging on PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery is not charging on PC: When starting the laptop the screen displays this " AC power not recognized and battery not charging". The jack plug was changed and instaled a new battery and the problem continues. what can I do to fix the issue? ***Original title: AC adapter and battery not detected or...
  4. Battery is not getting charged properly

Battery is not getting charged properly: Hi, I'm using Asus Vivobook 15. Past few days my laptop is not getting charged 100%. It seems charging stuck at 59%. Tried changing balance mode to power save mode. But didn't worked for me. Kindly help....
  5. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  6. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  7. Battery not charging message in error

Battery not charging message in error: Subsequent to a recent Windows 10 update i have been getting an error message telling me my battery is not charging via USB port, check cables, etc.....problem is it IS charging.....the battery life is not as good for whatever reason (although i understand there was a CPU...
  8. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  9. battery not charging message

battery not charging message: HOW DO I CURE THE BATTERY NOT CHARGING MESSAGE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-message/cb5d68ad-8e19-4af9-ac2d-dd8f4c6e457b
  10. Pc battery not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc battery not charging: Hi, PC battery not charging possible causes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/pc-battery-not-charging/a41e40e8-6f8e-4fbf-a21f-5610c9c76923