Windows 10: Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

Discus and support Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Sportsfans, The battery stats on the Dell XPS non4k screen usually says "2 or 3" hour remaining right after unplugged. Now the indicator states... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MountianlionXPS, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

Hello Sportsfans,
    The battery stats on the Dell XPS non4k screen usually says "2 or 3" hour remaining right after unplugged.
    Now the indicator states 84% 3:53 remaining after 40 minutes of battery usage.
    I never conditioned or ran the battery down, i never took the laptop outside.
    do I worry, or just ignore the stats?

:)

MountianlionXPS, Sep 14, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    Laptop Battery

The battery should last about 3 hours, I still think it's a Windows power managment setting check this link for info

http://support.microsoft.com/search...False&x=10&y=12&query=laptop power management

This is a long list of known problems, maybe you can find the correct one knowing more of your symptoms

Link for new battery

http://www.camcorderbattery.ca/laptop-batteries/acer.htm

Namslas90, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

1. Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours - Similar Threads - Battery laptop hours

2. New laptop hp pavilion x360 has been charging for 30 hours but is only at 2%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop hp pavilion x360 has been charging for 30 hours but is only at 2%: Help please! I purchased my laptop hp pavilion x360 yesterday. It has been charging for @ 30 hours but my battery life only shows 2% and it turns off if I unplug the charger. How can I fix this issue? * Moved from Mobile Devices* Original title: Battery* OS assumed to be...
  3. New laptop hp pavilion x360 has been charging for 30 hours but is only at 2%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop hp pavilion x360 has been charging for 30 hours but is only at 2%: Help please! I purchased my laptop hp pavilion x360 yesterday. It has been charging for @ 30 hours but my battery life only shows 2% and it turns off if I unplug the charger. How can I fix this issue? * Moved from Mobile Devices* Original title: Battery* OS assumed to be...
  4. My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery...: 2 weeks ago I bought a computer which is supposed to have 10.5 hours of battery life directly from office works, but now after only around 20 hours of use the battery life has plummeted to around 2 hours 2.5 if I'm lucky. I ran a test and when running low demand appliances...
  5. Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max: Hi. I have enabled all the power saving features, in the system settings, even in the Intel app. However, the charge only hold for 1h 30m max. Usually the charge must hold about 3-4 hours. I have the "Balanced" power scheme turned on, but I even tried "Energy saving" scheme,...
  6. Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.: Hello! As the title states, I am using a Lenovo T440 ThinkPad. I'm using it for school, and 1 hour of battery time is NOT enough. That one hour is even with performance at lowest, as well as battery saver on at all times. The 1st battery seems to not be present, or only one...
  7. Problems with PC after 2-3 hours of running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with PC after 2-3 hours of running: So I turn on my PC (1080ti 2700x 16gbs ram, windows 10 newest update) . And after 2-3 hours of playing games it starts bugging out. Discord dosent send messages , Spotify might crash , chrome stops responding and I can't even close it , I tried opening edge that one won't...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3 Battery: Hi, I've recently bought: Microsoft 13.5 Intel Core i5 Surface Laptop 3 - 256GB - Black Advertised at 11.5 hours battery life, along with an expensive pricetag, I seem to be averaging about 5 hours of normal use litteraly microsoft edge and microsoft word. Any advice?...
  9. New laptop bought today only and Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop bought today only and Battery not charging: Hello Guys, As mentioned, i bought my laptop today via Flipkart and it's having this battering not charging problem. What should i do, should i return the product or check out for remedies for my problem....
  10. Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue: On my Surface, when I hovered over the battery tab on the taskbar it showed me the percentage of how much is left and how many hours I had left. Unfortuantly, my laptop only displays the percentage, not how any hours are left anymore. I have tried everything from drivers and...