Windows 10: battery indicator issue

Discus and support battery indicator issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my hp laptop even when its connected to the charger, and its not fully charged, the led indicator turns white and the charging stops. what do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arnold Ashish Gomes, May 19, 2020.

1. battery indicator issue

my hp laptop even when its connected to the charger, and its not fully charged, the led indicator turns white and the charging stops. what do I do?

:)

Arnold Ashish Gomes, May 19, 2020

2. Battery Indicator

Hi Mike,

There are several reasons why you are having issues charging the computer's battery. Having said that, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the battery indicator?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you tried using a different power adapter? if so, did you experience the same issue?
    • Have you tried connecting your power adapter to a different power outlet?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a power troubleshooter on the computer. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Next to the View by: option, select Small icons.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Choose System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen prompt.

Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, May 19, 2020
  3. battery indicator issue on my surface pro4

Hi,

I understand that you are having issues while charging your device and your battery indicator is not showing the percentage correctly. I'm here to help.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Are the charging connectors clean and free of damage?
    • Is your adapter working? Is the light on the connector lit when it is plugged in?
    • Does the charging status show a power plug next to the battery when it is charging?
    We suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds.
    • Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button on your Surface at the same time for at least
      15 seconds, and then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least
      15 seconds.
    • After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
    • Press and release the power button on your Surface to turn it back on.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 19, 2020
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

battery indicator issue

Battery level Indicator Issue

Hi srikanth shenoy,

I wouldn't think that after an update that the battery would start having sudden issues. It could possibly be an issue with the update.

Have you tried turning the phone off and back on yet? If not you may want to hold down the power button until the phone turns off, then remove the battery for a few minutes (if you can) then power the phone back up. You can then check to see if the battery
    indicator is having the same issue.

If it does have the same issue after this step I would then try to roll your phone back to the previous update. Instructions for rolling the update back can be found on solution 4 of
    this page.

Please let me know what the results of these suggestions are and I'll be happy to continue assisting you if needed.

Regards,

Nate W.H., May 19, 2020
Thema:

battery indicator issue

1. battery indicator issue - Similar Threads - battery indicator issue

2. Battery indicator fluctuate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery indicator fluctuate: HiI recently purchased the Samsung galaxy book pro 360 2 in 1 laptop 13.3-inch screen. The device works perfectly with windows 11 except for the battery. First of all, the battery life is very poor and does not match the claim in the specs of 22 hours battery life. But my...
  3. Battery indicator fluctuate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery indicator fluctuate: HiI recently purchased the Samsung galaxy book pro 360 2 in 1 laptop 13.3-inch screen. The device works perfectly with windows 11 except for the battery. First of all, the battery life is very poor and does not match the claim in the specs of 22 hours battery life. But my...
  4. Battery indicator flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery indicator flickering: I don't know when does this start but my laptop battery indicator seems to be odd. When connected to a power outlet, the indicator light is flickering, then off, then flickers again, not staying on. You know the light beside the power light that lets you know that your laptop...
  5. Battery indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery indicator: After the motherboard was replaced my battery indicator shows time left for full charge instead of battery power percentage. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/d5c1a88e-c8bd-43ee-b56d-902e71842aca
  6. Battery indicator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery indicator: Ever since the Microsoft 10 update my battery never shows 100% charged. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/9c8c02b6-4675-47d5-9bea-ba65732431c2
  7. battery not charging indicator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not charging indicator: Hello. Not sure which topic this should be posted under; please redirect me if need be. After updating a couple of days ago, the battery indicator says "XX% available (plugged in, not charging). I tested the battery and there doesn't appear to be any fault. I'm guessing...
  8. Battery indicator

Battery indicator: How to keep battery indicator in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/0cbf90ee-54d9-4f7a-a23e-b48f3eae3526
  9. battery life indicator

battery life indicator: where is the battery life indicator that was always on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-indicator/cba1c651-cc3f-4146-abf5-eff2be409e54
  10. Battery Life indicator

Battery Life indicator: I am receiving a low Battery Notification everyday but this computer is only a Plugin and has no Battery. How can I shut this off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life-indicator/a7f40bdd-b353-4d32-ac40-ddbe41322571