Windows 10: Battery Indicator Light Malfunction

Discus and support Battery Indicator Light Malfunction in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is ALWAYS connected to a power source. I do not operate it on battery power.. A few months ago a blinking amber light appeared on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J WhiteCloud, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Battery Indicator Light Malfunction

My laptop is ALWAYS connected to a power source. I do not operate it on battery power.. A few months ago a blinking amber light appeared on my indicator bar to inform me the battery power was low. The battery icon on the taskbar revealed 94% availability (plugged in). This didn't make sense! I ran the system battery calibration app and all that did was decrease the battery availability to 92%. Nothing I've tried will repair the problem. Worst of all, the amber indicator light continues to blink when I shutdown the laptop! I've done everything but remove the battery. Please advise me? I am out of ideas and researched solutions. Forget the manufacturer. My warranty expired and MSI does not respond without it. PS: My laptop is fully up to date on every level. Thanks so much in advance!

:)

J WhiteCloud, Aug 17, 2019

2. Battery Indicator

Hi Mike,

There are several reasons why you are having issues charging the computer's battery. Having said that, we will be doing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this issue. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the battery indicator?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you tried using a different power adapter? if so, did you experience the same issue?
    • Have you tried connecting your power adapter to a different power outlet?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a power troubleshooter on the computer. Here's how:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Next to the View by: option, select Small icons.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Choose System and Security.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen prompt.

Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Desiree Yau, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Ruby2son Win User
    Battery Indicator

Recently upgraded from Vista 7 SP2 to Win 10. Ran the Troubleshooter suggested with and without the AC adapter connected. Results showed all power settings working ok. After closing the Troubleshooter, the battery charging indicator light began working
    normally. Thank you Desiree for the good and quick response.

Ruby2son, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Battery Indicator Light Malfunction

Power indicator light

Hi Carol,

Light indicator depends on the manufacturer of your device. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional information:

• Can you tell us if you're pertaining on the power light of your monitor or system unit?
    • Are you experiencing any issues on your computer while the power light is orange?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Battery Indicator Light Malfunction

1. Battery Indicator Light Malfunction - Similar Threads - Battery Indicator Light

2. Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange: Hi there, hello!I have the following problem: My Laptop tells me the battery is fully charged 100%, but the indicator light is blinking orange, as if the battery was very low. The laptop is plugged in the whole time. As soon as I unplug the charger, the laptop immediately...
  3. Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is at 100% but indicator light is blinking orange: Hi there, hello!I have the following problem: My Laptop tells me the battery is fully charged 100%, but the indicator light is blinking orange, as if the battery was very low. The laptop is plugged in the whole time. As soon as I unplug the charger, the laptop immediately...
  4. red indicator light when battery is inserted in switched on lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red indicator light when battery is inserted in switched on lenovo laptop: My Lenovo runs on both battery and adaptor. But when the battery is inserted the red indicator light on the front lights up. Without battery it is ok. The removed battery shows 13.9 v Written 14.4 v on the cover and is about 7 years old. I updated to KB5015807 for Windows...
  5. Battery indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery indicator: After the motherboard was replaced my battery indicator shows time left for full charge instead of battery power percentage. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/d5c1a88e-c8bd-43ee-b56d-902e71842aca
  6. Battery indicator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery indicator: Ever since the Microsoft 10 update my battery never shows 100% charged. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/9c8c02b6-4675-47d5-9bea-ba65732431c2
  7. power indicator light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    power indicator light: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator-light/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  8. Battery indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery indicator: How to keep battery indicator in taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-indicator/0cbf90ee-54d9-4f7a-a23e-b48f3eae3526
  9. battery malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery malfunction: For a few weeks now the battery of my dell notebook has not been fully charging. when the cursor is hovered over the battery icon the message 'plugged in, not charging' appears. I ran a battery check and the result is that the battery is functioning properly but needs to be...
  10. Wireless Indicator Light

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Indicator Light: Toshiba Satellite laptop, L55 series There are 3 indicator lights on the front of my computer. The 3rd one is the wireless indicator light. It's always orange, whereas the others are white. Just curious? 75197