Windows 10: Battery Information Missing - Battery Report

Discus and support Battery Information Missing - Battery Report in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I updated my Surface Pro 4 recently. Whenever I unplug the adapter, the device turns off. I cannot use it without plugged-in.I am not sure how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arnavxd, May 20, 2021.

1. arnavxd Win User

Battery Information Missing - Battery Report

Hi,I updated my Surface Pro 4 recently. Whenever I unplug the adapter, the device turns off. I cannot use it without plugged-in.I am not sure how to fix this because I don't know how to get/load this information in my PC. Other information regarding battery status and report data are mostly blank or missing...Things I have tried - - Restarted my PC lol ofc- Updating Win10 to the latest version- Uninstalling updates until October 2019- Troubleshoot/Uninstall/Repair/Rollback Drivers in Device Manager- Followed other threads with similar issues I have not found a solution please help

:)

arnavxd, May 20, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Battery report

Gabriela,

I have very precise records of when I swap over my batteries [because I run battery reports both before & after] and the moment of opening up the computer or changing the battery does not show up in my battery reports.
    - My Battery report section Usage history - History of system usage on AC and battery goes all the way back to when the computer maker finished setting the computer up [and then posted it to me]. Your corresponding records seem to show the same.
    - I know of no command to reset the parameters listed in a battery report.

The Start time entry you circled in red shows the time that the computer was turned on or awakened on battery power. There is no indication of anything dishonest being done. Windows re-starts that list whenever it feels like it. There is nothing significant in that entry at all. Just for example, my Battery report Start time entries are only showing for today but the computer was in use yesterday and earlier on battery.

Denis

3. Battery apps and battery report lack data

The first thing I suggest you do is a Battery Calibration

I also use and recommend BatteryCare (free) as suggested above for day to day battery information

To create a log of battery usage I use BatteryInfoView it's free and portable so you can test it and see if it helps you without installing anything.

Battery Information Missing - Battery Report [​IMG]
    Note BatteryInfoView is a small utility for laptops and netbook computers that displays the current status and information about your battery. The displayed battery information includes the battery name, manufacture name, serial number, manufacture date, power state (charging/discharging), current battery capacity, full charged capacity, voltage, charge/discharge rate, and more...
    BatteryInfoView also provides a log window, which adds a new log line containing the battery status every 30 seconds or any other time interval that you choose
    To save the log file you need to go to
    • BatteryInfoView Menu
    • Options
    • Advanced Options
    • Tick the box Add battery log lines to the following filename:
    The log file will be saved in the BatteryInfoView folder but you can change that if you want

Good luck Battery Information Missing - Battery Report :)

FrillyBits, May 20, 2021
  4. baskhara Win User

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, May 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Battery Information Missing - Battery Report - Similar Threads - Battery Information Missing

2. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: My battery died during these few days and I wanted to check if it did. I made a battery report using the command prompt and it showed an impossible number of 10000% capacity remaining. What does the high capacity number mean?Here's the battery usage chart:...
  3. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report: My battery died during these few days and I wanted to check if it did. I made a battery report using the command prompt and it showed an impossible number of 10000% capacity remaining. What does the high capacity number mean?Here's the battery usage chart:...
  4. Battery report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery report: Hello,I am Vatshal,I recently generated a battery report with the command prompt, Is the LiP in CHEMISTRY section is the lithium polymar, or other. If it isn't Lithium polymar, inform me with the name of the battery. And If my battery is lithium polymar, why it's battery life...
  5. Battery report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery report: Hello,I am Vatshal,I recently generated a battery report with the command prompt, Is the LiP in CHEMISTRY section is the lithium polymar, or other. If it isn't Lithium polymar, inform me with the name of the battery. And If my battery is lithium polymar, why it's battery life...
  6. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  7. Battery Report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Report: Hello,The battery report generated using command prompt powercfg /batteryreport has only recent entries ~1 month although the laptop is being used for 2 years. Is there a way to generate this report with all the entries?Thanks...
  8. Battery report

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery report: I recently bought an asus laptopK571GT-p, I wanted to check it's battery so I ran Window's battery report, and here is my problem: Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install: Since OS install1604:15:26-1627:10:31 Is any thing wrong...
  9. Battery report

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery report: Battery original report was from 05.07.2019. Battery report reset on 24.06.2020, time 12.38.48. Why? I have the actions that were done exactly at the date and time of the reset. [img] [img] [img] 159803
  10. Battery information missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery information missing: When I hover over the battery icon, it shows me the battery percentage left and that the AC adapter is plugged in, but the bit where it's supposed to say "charging" or "not charging" is missing. The battery seems to work fine and as expected, and the adapter too, except the...