Windows 10: Battery is constantly changing between Charging and Not Charging every few seconds. Also...

Discus and support Battery is constantly changing between Charging and Not Charging every few seconds. Also... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For previous month, whenever I charge my laptop its not getting completely charged. It charges for a few seconds and then stops charging. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ashu_27, May 20, 2020.

1. Ashu_27 Win User

Battery is constantly changing between Charging and Not Charging every few seconds. Also...

For previous month, whenever I charge my laptop its not getting completely charged. It charges for a few seconds and then stops charging. It is alternating between AC and Battery. Whenever Laptop is not charging, it does not show any notification that its about to shutdown and it stops unexpectedly. So is this a problem with battery or software? I have updated my bios and drivers but this problem persists.

I have attached battery report from powercfg /batteryreport command.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rcy5RP4ALLYSTHNZS5BdOGX8wZ8w33vV

:)

Ashu_27, May 20, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery is constantly changing between Charging and Not Charging every few seconds. Also... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 20, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery is constantly changing between Charging and Not Charging every few seconds. Also... pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 20, 2020
  4. baskhara Win User

Battery is constantly changing between Charging and Not Charging every few seconds. Also...

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Battery is constantly changing between Charging and Not Charging every few seconds. Also... - Similar Threads - Battery constantly changing

2. battery is charging, stops for a few seconds, then continues charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery is charging, stops for a few seconds, then continues charging.: so, i have a msi gp66 leopard. i had 2 chargers. the last charger i had encountered the same issue. the charger did the same thing as this one and then it completely went out. this one i bought it from a new seller. and its doing the same thing, its probably one fart away...
  3. battery is charging, stops for a few seconds, then continues charging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery is charging, stops for a few seconds, then continues charging.: so, i have a msi gp66 leopard. i had 2 chargers. the last charger i had encountered the same issue. the charger did the same thing as this one and then it completely went out. this one i bought it from a new seller. and its doing the same thing, its probably one fart away...
  4. Second Battery not Charging

Second Battery not Charging: It's been the same for three hours now, and Battery 2 won't charge. Is it a display issue or is my second battery just broken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-battery-not-charging/9c9aad5b-a8ea-4025-a1b0-06faa29c8756
  5. Second Battery not Charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Battery not Charging: It's been the same for three hours now, and Battery 2 won't charge. Is it a display issue or is my second battery just broken? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-battery-not-charging/9c9aad5b-a8ea-4025-a1b0-06faa29c8756
  6. Second Battery not Charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Laptop battery stops charging every few seconds after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery stops charging every few seconds after update: Dear community,I had two updates back to back on my Windows 10 laptop KB4023057 and KB5011487. Immediately after, the charging would stop after a few seconds. I had to physically unplug and re-plug the AC which would then restart the next charging round that lasts for a few...
  8. Laptop battery stops charging every few seconds after update

Laptop battery stops charging every few seconds after update: Dear community,I had two updates back to back on my Windows 10 laptop KB4023057 and KB5011487. Immediately after, the charging would stop after a few seconds. I had to physically unplug and re-plug the AC which would then restart the next charging round that lasts for a few...
  9. Laptop battery stops charging every few seconds after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Battery is switching between charging and not charging.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery is switching between charging and not charging.: title explains it all. i have been getting this problem for a while now. And recently it also shows plugged in not charging. i dunno if this will help but recently after reinstalling windows my c drive was almost full. i solved it by just extending the partition. My battery...