Windows 10: Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop

Discus and support Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am facing an issue with my laptop's battery for past few days. After charging it to 100% i use it for 2 hours or so reaching up to 60%. Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nilanjan Chanda, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop

Hi

I am facing an issue with my laptop's battery for past few days. After charging it to 100% i use it for 2 hours or so reaching up to 60%. Then I shut down my laptop and reopen it again after sometimes it doesn't turn on until I plug it with the charger with power source . After turning on I noticed that the battery indicates 0%.

Recently, why the battery is draining so fast after shutting it down while only half of the charge percentage50%-60% remains?

:)

Nilanjan Chanda, Dec 5, 2020

2. Dell Laptop battery drains after shutting down

My dell laptop battery drains after shutting down.Only after removing the battery and placing it again after shutdown stops battery drain.Its getting heated up after shutting down?Why it is not shutting down . I've windows os running in my laptop

Albin David, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Keager Win User
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Dec 5, 2020
  4. jaypels Win User

Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop

laptop power drain

I replaced my HDD with an SSD (and placed the HDD on the optical drive bay) a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that even if I shut my laptop down, I still would have a drained battery the next time I power it on. If I do not connect my laptop to a power source for a day (still shut down of course), the battery would be fully drained. I shrugged it off as a battery problem but recently I brought my laptop to travel somewhere and once opened my laptop bag, it was warm. It was only then I noticed that even though I shut the laptop down, a little led is still on indicating something has not completely powered down.

My bet is that it is the HDD on the optical drive still sucking power but is there a way to know what is completely draining my battery?

jaypels, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop

1. Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop - Similar Threads - Battery draining shutting

2. Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 3520 i7-1255U running Windows 11.I noticed that the battery drains a surprising amount and the underside of the case remains fairly warm when the machine has been shut down. For example, it typically loses 50-80% of its...
  3. Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 3520 i7-1255U running Windows 11.I noticed that the battery drains a surprising amount and the underside of the case remains fairly warm when the machine has been shut down. For example, it typically loses 50-80% of its...
  4. My new laptop's battery drains in a full shut down without a reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop's battery drains in a full shut down without a reason: So i bought a new asus tuf f15 506HC and the battery drains in a full shutdown and i tried many solutions from youtube and from asus helpcentre and this is my system power reportSTART TIMEDURATIONSTATEENTRY REASONEXIT REASON% CAPACITY REMAINING AT START102023-10-18...
  5. laptop not shutting down properly after update. draining battery 6% every 7 hours.

laptop not shutting down properly after update. draining battery 6% every 7 hours.: This is a windows update for windows 11 issue . they keep breaking things so the laptop won't run correctly. I had changed settings to get the laptop to shutdown completely, by turning off fast start up. SO it would NOT CRASH ON SHUTDOWN AFTER LOW POWER WARNING WAS ISSUED....
  6. laptop not shutting down properly after update. draining battery 6% every 7 hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not shutting down properly after update. draining battery 6% every 7 hours.: This is a windows update for windows 11 issue . they keep breaking things so the laptop won't run correctly. I had changed settings to get the laptop to shutdown completely, by turning off fast start up. SO it would NOT CRASH ON SHUTDOWN AFTER LOW POWER WARNING WAS ISSUED....
  7. A PC Laptop hangs up badly. Had to drain a battery to shut it down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A PC Laptop hangs up badly. Had to drain a battery to shut it down.: A game was being palyed by my daughter, that is a group game and uses a browser for communication; mine is the FireFox.At some point something happened when the browser displayed blank field with pale border and the rotating "wait a minute" wheel.The laptop stopped reacting...
  8. A PC Laptop hangs up badly. Had to drain a battery to shut it down.

A PC Laptop hangs up badly. Had to drain a battery to shut it down.: A game was being palyed by my daughter, that is a group game and uses a browser for communication; mine is the FireFox.At some point something happened when the browser displayed blank field with pale border and the rotating "wait a minute" wheel.The laptop stopped reacting...
  9. Battery drains when laptop is shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drains when laptop is shut down: ASUS Rog Strix III Laptop. Before I start: I have hibernate sleep disabled, Fast start up disabled and I disabled suspended standby I think, but I can't find it anymore. Not sure while MS always moves those things around or renames them. Especially when they cause known...
  10. Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery: About half the time when I shut down my laptop, everything on the screen cycles like every correct shut down and the screen goes dark, but the LED 'on' light stays on and the unit keeps running (without any sound) and eventually drains the battery. I do nothing different than...