Windows 10: Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

Discus and support Battery is showing wrong estimate and time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I need help to solve this issue please i could not use my PC thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charan Sainath R.S, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

Battery is showing wrong estimate and time df6d5a5e-f8d4-4fdb-81bf-16dd489ebd20?upload=true.png Battery is showing wrong estimate and time 7caf287d-0814-4c2b-aec0-8f9d50af347e?upload=true.png

I need help to solve this issue please

i could not use my PC

thanks

:)

Charan Sainath R.S, Sep 3, 2020
  2. AceUser01 Win User

Wrong battery charging estimated time

I am doing a battery gauge reset (calibraing battery) I will reply if it fixes problem.

EDIT: Gauge Reset*Battery Calibrate) finished restarted the unit but still shows wrong estimated time.

AceUser01, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Wrong battery charging estimated time

Hi Shubham,

I've tried all methods you suggested without success. The situation is the same as many other have described before, i.e. I get similar "warnigns" like brightness is too high, etc., but there is no improvement in the battery charging time indication.

I checked my PC a bit more and realised that it doesn't recognise my battery capasity at all. Could this be the reason for this error? What is funny that my PC can still estimate the remaining time with the battery...

/Kari

KaTaMa---01, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

Battery life estimates wrong

I have a Lenovo IdealPad and was reading a couple other forum questions about their laptops having battery estimate problems. These ranged from a loss of capacity after being off over night, such as mine losing over 15% even as the laptop was shut down overnight.
    To a rapid drop which serious affects the estimated time left of a charge. I mean for example if using my laptop and it estimates my life as say 60% which translates to 3 hours 40 minutes but then 15 minutes later I am at 50% and 2 1/2 hours left? Doing the
    same tasks and haven't changed brightness or anything?

This makes the battery estimates pretty much useless and how can I go from 87% capacity when I shut down my laptop to 70% capacity in the AM when I boot up? How can I loose over 15% capacity when the PC is off? Either some of us have some serious parasitic
    drains on batteries and/or we have some serious issues with Windows being able to determine battery capacity. I've used laptops for years and for the most part battery life estimates have always been pretty stable and accurate. But lately I have noticed that
    many laptops only show percentage left and not time left by default. Is this trying to conceal a inaccurate system? When I am charging my battery the estimates to full charge seem very accurate. So why are discharges so bad, that we now resort to percentages
    rather then time ?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

jescott418, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

1. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time - Similar Threads - Battery showing wrong

2. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  3. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  4. Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time: I have a Windows 11 OS on my laptop. Previously, my laptop battery was not working. I had to replace it.Now, I have replaced it but I find that the estimated time for the battery on the taskbar is not shown. If I open the settings, then it will show...Please help....
  5. Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time

Battery on taskbar not showing estimated time: I have a Windows 11 OS on my laptop. Previously, my laptop battery was not working. I had to replace it.Now, I have replaced it but I find that the estimated time for the battery on the taskbar is not shown. If I open the settings, then it will show...Please help....
  6. Why isn't it showing the estimated time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't it showing the estimated time?: For some other people it shows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-it-showing-the-estimated-time/da214eb3-f75e-4b47-bb74-08227fa9715f
  7. Why isn't it showing the estimated time?

Why isn't it showing the estimated time?: For some other people it shows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-it-showing-the-estimated-time/da214eb3-f75e-4b47-bb74-08227fa9715f
  8. Estimate time is missing

Estimate time is missing: Hi community,I had an update on windows 11 but estimate time was missing in windows update setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-time-is-missing/50c42f5f-9ddd-4a3e-ad64-04757fd30099
  9. Incorrect battery estimate time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect battery estimate time: Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong. Please help me in resolving this....
  10. Battery estimate not shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery estimate not shown: Yet another case when someone decides for me what I need and what I do not. Suddenly they disabled battery life estimate. "you see it is just an estimate." A pretty accurate estimate, Big Bro, and much better than my guess! And, if I do not need it, there is an option to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wrong battery charging estimated time