Windows 10: Battery is stuck at 100%

Discus and support Battery is stuck at 100% in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My battery has been stuck at 100% for the past 2 days. It has always indicated it is at 100% even though I am not charging it and I have been using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Renee Chen1, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Battery is stuck at 100%

My battery has been stuck at 100% for the past 2 days. It has always indicated it is at 100% even though I am not charging it and I have been using it for hours. I tried restarting my laptop and it did nothing. I also tried plugging in the charger but it didn't fix the issue either.For context I use my laptop for around 4 hours a day and it hasn't lost a single percent since the day it was stuck. My laptop hasn't died yet, and I'm not sure if it will soon.

:)

Renee Chen1, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Steve C Win User

HP ProBook Battery Stuck on 100%

My HP ProBook is set in the BIOS to charge to no more than 80%. I recently updated the BIOS. Since then the battery charged to 100% instead of stopping at 80% and Windows reports the battery charge is now stuck on 100% with the charger disconnected. Any idea what's wrong here? I might go back to the previous BIOS version in case that is the source of the error.

Steve C, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Battery

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your battery issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter and update drivers in Windows 10 by following the troubleshooting steps provided by Eeshwar Kumar on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Battery is stuck at 100%

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Battery is stuck at 100% pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Battery is stuck at 100%

1. Battery is stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - Battery stuck 100%

2. Battery is stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is stuck at 100%: My battery has been stuck at 100% for the past 2 days. It has always indicated it is at 100% even though I am not charging it and I have been using it for hours. I tried restarting my laptop and it did nothing. I also tried plugging in the charger but it didn't fix the issue...
  3. Battery status will not change and is stuck at "fully charged: 100%"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery status will not change and is stuck at "fully charged: 100%": Hey,I am having issue on my Dell Latitude 5590. It runs on Windows 11.A few weeks ago, I replaced the original battery for a new one. No issue with the replacement whatsoever for a couple of weeks.Then today, I had a bitlocker event. Then for some reason, even after hours of...
  4. Battery status will not change and is stuck at "fully charged: 100%"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery status will not change and is stuck at "fully charged: 100%": Hey,I am having issue on my Dell Latitude 5590. It runs on Windows 11.A few weeks ago, I replaced the original battery for a new one. No issue with the replacement whatsoever for a couple of weeks.Then today, I had a bitlocker event. Then for some reason, even after hours of...
  5. Battery not charging upto 100 %

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery not charging upto 100 %: Hello, I have been facing this issue of not able to charge the laptop up to a full 100%. It charges from 75% to 80% and I have to repeatedly unplug and plug it to get it to94%.It refuses to charge beyond this level. I have tried the troubleshooting option, uninstalling and...
  6. Battery Not Charging To 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Not Charging To 100%: Hi, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T430 and am having an issue. ever since I updated to Windows 10, when I plug in my charger, the battery still discharges when I play any type of game so my computer can only charge when I'm not playing games. And normally the battery only charges...
  7. Laptop battery 100% Charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery 100% Charge: My Laptop battery is 100% Charge, but not supporting the computer. In that if I you should unplug the electric wire, my laptop would shut off. What can I do to have my battery work again? it seems as if the problems start after windows 10 automatically updating....
  8. 100% Battery Charrge

in Windows 10 Customization
    100% Battery Charrge: How do I get the battery to charge to 100% - thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-battery-charrge/80522d83-f2e6-40f9-b2b6-8616ff30c810
  9. battery not reaching 100 persent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not reaching 100 persent: Hello there i have a problem in which the battery of my computer does not reach 100% it just stops at 99% could this be a hardware or software issue and should I be worried please note that I have all my windows 10 updates to the latest version and I'm using a Hawaii matebook...
  10. cpu stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cpu stuck at 100%: hello. i just did a fresh installation of windows 10 pro x64. all devices in device manager were recognized and installed automatically. i open task manager and notice that the cpu is stuck at 100%. i reboot to safe mode and the cpu is normal. any help? 65591