Windows 10: Battery is switching between charging and not charging.

Discus and support Battery is switching between charging and not charging. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; title explains it all. i have been getting this problem for a while now. And recently it also shows plugged in not charging. i dunno if this will help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LiquidGlo, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Battery is switching between charging and not charging.

title explains it all. i have been getting this problem for a while now. And recently it also shows plugged in not charging.

i dunno if this will help but recently after reinstalling windows my c drive was almost full. i solved it by just extending the partition.

My battery also shuts down without warning and at appx. 25%

submitted by /u/LiquidGlo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LiquidGlo, Nov 30, 2019
  2. gordon99 Win User

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, Nov 30, 2019
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Battery plugged in but not charging.

A further update on "Plugged in not charging" (PI,NC). A few days ago I deliberately discharged the laptop battery and on plugging the charger back in the battery was not charging. This time, because I had read the suggestion somewhere, I just disabled the Microsoft AC Adapter and the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager. I then enabled them and found the battery was now charging.
    Today, as a further test, I again let the battery discharge, down to 6%. When I switch the charger back on I found the battery icon displaying the "PI,NC" message when I hovered the cursor over it. I went into Device manager and disabled both the Adapter and the ACPI. Immediately a message appeared on the screen to the effect that hardware changes had been detected and the laptop would restart, which it did. The battery icon had disappeared, as expected, but the battery charging light was on. I went into Device Manager and both Adapter and ACPI were still both showing Disabled-Code 22. The battery charging light was still on however. I enabled both Adapter and ACPI and the battery icon re-appeared, again as expected. The battery was now showing 11% charge, so I conclude, though I do not understand how, that the battery was still charging in spite of having both Adapter and ACPI disabled. As I write I have now disabled the Adapter only in Device Manager but the battery is still charging. I have now enabled the Adapter and disabled the ACPI. As the battery icon has gone off screen I will wait a few minutes before I enable it and check the degree of battery charge. The battery charging light is still on I should add.
    Having now enabled the ACPI I have found the amount of charge on the battery has increased quite a bit.
    It seems to me that, as far as my second hand Dell E5420 Latitude laptop is concerned, it is necessary to disable the Adapter and/or ACPI in Device Manager to kick the battery charging process into action. I really would like to know why this is and, more importantly, what purpose the Adapter and ACPI in Device Manager serve other than to display the battery icon and start the charging process when disabled.

gordon99, Nov 30, 2019
  4. curt jugg Win User

Battery is switching between charging and not charging.

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Battery is switching between charging and not charging.

1. Battery is switching between charging and not charging. - Similar Threads - Battery switching between

2. Battery charging status constantly switches between on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery charging status constantly switches between on and off: Hello My Dell G3 3579 laptop battery status keeps jumping between charging and not charging. I've tried several things and I'm pretty that the problem isn't my charging cable. I purchased a new battery which didn't solve it. I've ran multiple troubleshooters and reset a few...
  3. Laptop switching between charging and not charging when use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop switching between charging and not charging when use.: I tried severals "solutions" but none worked. Even I reinstalled Windows from scratch, and latest updates aplied. When using Windows, nothing heavy, open explorer or -even ligther- open the windows menú: laptop switch between charging and not charging every second, while...
  4. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery not charging: hello, today something went wrong, i don't know why. the battery is not charging, i plugged in for at least 5hours today But nothing is happening. and when i removed the charger the laptop shut down, i mean got locked. indicator showing 0% charging....
  5. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: My battery is at 1% and won't charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/b34fc55a-9320-45fc-b6e0-f0aea0a48a0e
  6. Battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery not charging: Split from this thread. battery on laptop not charging need your help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging/8f54a3ac-3616-40fe-a75f-b207432cd9a5
  7. Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging

Battery not charging. Plugged in, not charging: Hello, I am using HP pavilion 360 , it has been months since the message is reading "plugged in, not charging" and now the percentage has decreased to 75%. I have tried to reinstall Microsoft ACPI- Complaint Control Method Battery but it didn't work. Now what should I do?...
  8. Battery is not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery is not charging: I have a laptop with Windows 10 at this moment the battery is not charging the cable is plugged in, the battery appears with 8% but doesn't charge more than that 8% I can't be with the cable plugged in all the time...
  9. Battery not charging

Battery not charging: Hi. My battery is plugged in and not charging. I switched plug in outlets and did the un plug plug in, I also took the battery out and put it back in. The power cord has changed shape, it is twisting in circles. Do you think the power may have fried my laptops battery...
  10. Notebook battery not charging when switched on

Notebook battery not charging when switched on: Hi all, I bought a notebook three weeks ago for my wife, specifically a HP 14-an009a. It had Windows 10 pre-installed. It worked perfectly for a couple of weeks, but an issue has cropped up with the battery. When it is turned on and connected to the charger, the battery icon...