Windows 10: Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a Windows 10 update, my battery no longer works or is recognized. I have to keeo it plugged in at all times. Previous articles and suggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MistyPelliciotta, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update

After a Windows 10 update, my battery no longer works or is recognized. I have to keeo it plugged in at all times. Previous articles and suggested troubleshooting steps do not work when you have to keep it plugged in for power. Can someone please HELP? This battery was working perfectly prior to the update. How can I get the system to recognize the battery or find a solution that actually fixes this problem? I have seen many posts about people running a fix without having to replace the battery. I have an HP Pavilion that would require the laptop to be disassembled in order to get to the physical battery. I have physically removed the battery and replaced it to no avail.

:)

MistyPelliciotta, Aug 1, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 1, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Aug 1, 2020
  4. deving Win User

Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update

1. Battery Issue after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Battery Issue Update

2. Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10: Greetings, I have troubles with the Windows 10 system upgrading to Windows 11. I just updated to Windows 11 on my laptop LENOVO IdeaPad 3 14IML05 from Windows 10. Several days after the update, I have encountered a number of issues, but the battery life issue is the most...
  3. Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Life issues after update to Windows 11 from Windows 10: Greetings, I have troubles with the Windows 10 system upgrading to Windows 11. I just updated to Windows 11 on my laptop LENOVO IdeaPad 3 14IML05 from Windows 10. Several days after the update, I have encountered a number of issues, but the battery life issue is the most...
  4. Battery not working after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not working after updating to Windows 10: I formatted and updated my Dell Latitude E6440 from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and now its battery isn't being recognized by the computer. Currently, if the PC is turned on with the battery, the battery light blinks amber and yellow 1-1 pattern, and it turns on but occasionally...
  5. After Windows 10 update battery problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 update battery problems: Are there any known battery problems caused by the most recent Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-update-battery-problems/2d642cba-cf7d-46a3-9004-cacf76a4897b
  6. Issue with battery notification after Windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with battery notification after Windows update: My last Windows update was on the 22nd of this month. After that, the notification of low battery was not coming and my laptop was switching off within a minute of hitting low battery level. On the 26th, I tried the following fixes; 1. Ran the troubleshooter for power. For...
  7. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Issues after Windows 10 update: Well I posted on a previous thread (that can't be found now) that the latest Windows 10 update fixed my battery issues. Well I lied. New day, dead battery. After turning off all the sleep settings everywhere as suggested, my laptop does not completely shut down when told...
  8. Battery Issues after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Issues after Windows 10 update: After updating to Windows 10 my laptop battery runs down overnight after shutdown. I have disabled fast startup and turned off hibernation without success. How do I stop the computer from apparently still running and killing the battery?...
  9. Battery Issues After current win 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Issues After current win 10 Update: After the current Win 10 update, I started facing some issue: 1) Quick drain of battery 2) Battery don't charge over 74% or at least that is how it shows in the battery meter 3) Win apps like edge and cortona can't connect to internet via mobile sim dongle modem, except...
  10. Two diffrent BSODs after Windows 10 update + battery issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two diffrent BSODs after Windows 10 update + battery issues: After I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 about a week ago I got two BSODs. The first one happened randomly. I downloaded BlueScreenView to see what the problem was. It highlighted two drivers HDAudBus.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. I thought that this was maybe just a random crash so I...